Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 01-23-2009, 04:09 AM   #21
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I was trying to get folks to check the facts and offered some ways to do that as such...

"During the January 18 edition of MSNBC Live, host Tamron Hall stated that "the inauguration festivities" for President-elect Barack Obama are "estimated to reach as high as $150 million," adding that "[i]n 2004, to note, the inauguration of George W. Bush cost roughly $40 million." However, the $40 million figure that Hall cited for Bush's second inauguration reportedly does not include certain costs incurred by the federal government and the District of Columbia such as security and transportation costs; these costs are included in the $150 million estimate that the media are reporting for the Obama inauguration. When the costs incurred by the federal government and the District of Columbia are factored in, the total cost of Bush's 2005 inauguration was reportedly around $157 million, as Media Matters for America senior fellow Eric Boehlert noted. "

By the Constitution none of those festivities are required and I agree there are better ways to spend the money no matter where it came from. But then again why are we and others spending the winter in warm warn sunny places when we could be giving our time and money to building a habitat for humanity or some other cause that would aid those in economic distress.

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 04:32 AM   #22
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
We help in other ways other than building house's, I have only been trained to Kill and blow up things. The tax payers now own many houses so I guess we can give them to others. I don't have a problem living the life I'm living and will continue as long as we can. I worked over 50 years to be able to do this, and I can say I have been there and done that. Work is the key to being able to live in warm areas. No work no play, and there are some jobs out there, but you might have to take a lower paying job but if your waiting on the Tax payer to give you something, that is comming to a end, the TAX payer is broke. GBY...
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 06:56 AM   #23
racerjoe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7770
If I am not mistaken, The money that has been spent is all not taxpayers dollars. Thats why it is hard to put a firm figure on it. From what I hear and read most of the money is private dollars from corporations and political donors, so it is everyone's best guess on how much it accually cost for any inauguration. So maybe who you should be upset at are the people who give this much money for a parade and balls instead of using it for a better cause. But, it is their money to spend as they see fit. "and life goes on"
racerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 07:47 AM   #24
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We just thought that a view from someome who was there would be interseting. My Sister wrote that for the family that could not be there. It was entirely non political, just observatons from a eye witness to a historical event. That it degraded into who paid for what I do not understand. I thought it would be interesting to share.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 08:18 AM   #25
tom41
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6363
yep Rich, it was very nice of you to share your sister's blog for people that could not be there. As for myself, I dont figure I missed much. As for the $$$$$ spent and where the $$$ came from, some from private sources, some from taxpayers, But really why worry over 150,000,000 plus??? Hell, the congress, the president, nor the taxpayer doesn't even know where the $350 billion they gave away is at!! I sais before that the bailout $$$ was being set up by the polical "gang" to be stolen. If not true, then ask'em where it is, how it was spent. And more to come!! Bet them swiss banks is overflowing!
Tom
tom41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 09:57 AM   #26
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Tom41 for President. Couldn't agree anymore. Were has common sense gone. Were not suppose to question were the money went. Thanks... GBY.....
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 10:01 AM   #27
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Quote:
quote:yep Rich, it was very nice of you to share your sister's blog for people that could not be there. As for myself, I dont figure I missed much. As for the $$$$$ spent and where the $$$ came from, some from private sources, some from taxpayers, But really why worry over 150,000,000 plus??? Hell, the congress, the president, nor the taxpayer doesn't even know where the $350 billion they gave away is at!! I sais before that the bailout $$$ was being set up by the polical "gang" to be stolen. If not true, then ask'em where it is, how it was spent. And more to come!! Bet them swiss banks is overflowing!
Tom
Well said Tom41. I agree competely!
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 10:24 AM   #28
RVWheels
Moderator Emeritus

M.O.C. #29
Thank you Rich for an interesting thread that has unfortunately gone astray. It is being locked.

Thank you,

RVWheels
RVWheels is offline   Reply With Quote