Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > PREVIOUS ANNUAL MOC NORTH AMERICAN RALLIES > 2019 Annual North American Fall Rally
Click Here to Login

Old 08-19-2019, 10:29 AM   #21
WeBeFulltime
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11397
If I were interested in new/better furniture I would measure my space(s) and go shopping at my favorite REGULAR furniture stores with my tape measure. I wouldn't want just more RV furniture like the MFG installs.

Full Timers 9/1/2010 through 1/16/2020.
WeBeFulltime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 11:45 AM   #22
Crystal58
Established Member

M.O.C. #24677
Please add Ron and Chris Rjm.jeule
Crystal58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 11:46 AM   #23
Crystal58
Established Member

M.O.C. #24677
Darn computer..Ron and Chris Reule
Old 08-20-2019, 11:53 AM   #24
Thorsell
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19945
We are interested in seeing what they have to offer. I am interested in replacing our double recliner with a swivel recliner.

Price is a consideration and if they want to sell, then I think they should price it accordingly. If not we can go buy elsewhere anytime.

Laura Thorsell
Thorsell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 12:24 PM   #25
Crystal58
Established Member

M.O.C. #24677
We would be interested in seeing what furniture options they have. We are interested in replacing our sofa bed with recliners of some sort.
Old 08-20-2019, 03:27 PM   #26
Caniel
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21610
The laminated 1/2x? kitchen table slats are coming unglued and warping.
Would be interested in learning about kitchen table options.

Caniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 09:02 AM   #27
Greg n Tracy
Established Member

M.O.C. #24154
Any chance of there being some "home RV office" setups? We need to replace theater seating with work space that can double as lounge furniture.

Greg n Tracy
2019 legacy
3130RE
Greg n Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 01:15 PM   #28
Joe Hollars
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22879
Interested couch and recliners
Joe and Lynn Hollars
Joe Hollars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 02:52 PM   #29
Bob450
Established Member

M.O.C. #19473
We will be replacing our recliners sometime. Would be interested.
Bob450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 03:56 PM   #30
drog55chev
Established Member

M.O.C. #24480
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBeFulltime View Post
If I were interested in new/better furniture I would measure my space(s) and go shopping at my favorite REGULAR furniture stores with my tape measure. I wouldn't want just more RV furniture like the MFG installs.
I'm with this person. Although the Montana RV's are considered luxury RV's as a contractor they're still using cheap stuff everywhere they can. I suppose you could say they use plastic instead of metal to save weight but I don't think a few extra pounds will make that much difference. We purchased a new 2019 3120RL recently and have had it out a couple times. The closet pole pulled out of the cheap 1/4" trim. The tile backsplash came unglued and the theater chairs both don't work most of the time with the touch controllers and the one chair I sit on has wrinkled where the footrest comes up. For the price we pay for these so called luxury lines you still get mobile home quality. Everything I can replace I will replace. For instance all the plastic water connections on the outside I'm going to brass. These will surely break soon and I don't want to be somewhere I can't fix them. I could take it back to the dealer I bought it from to get some of this warranty repaired but most of the techs don't know what they're doing either or will use the same old crappy parts. Just my two cents but cheap gets you cheap out if you use RV replacements.
drog55chev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 04:09 PM   #31
dtrees
Established Member

M.O.C. #19435
Looking to replace one side of our 3790/91 RD with chairs and a small table. Won’t be at the rally but would love to see options
dtrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 04:50 PM   #32
tooth ferry
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17209
Vendors

Will not be at the rally this year, wish we could. I don't think running the vendors down who are trying to provide a convenient service is a very courteous response. If you don't like their products which they provide to Keystone Specs just do something else. Your rude replies don't accomplish anything.
tooth ferry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 05:01 PM   #33
sesko
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #15798
interested in new sofa
sesko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 05:08 PM   #34
drog55chev
Established Member

M.O.C. #24480
Not sure your reply was directed at me for being rude but I was not being rude just honest. We love our new Montana but there is a lot of things they could do better and if I have to replace something I would opt for better quality when doing so. If I can't get it in an aftermarket then I would get it through the dealer. However some aftermarket products won't fit into the same spaces so you have to go with an RV type replacement. There are better quality materials for even these though. It depends on what you want to spend your money on.
drog55chev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 06:07 PM   #35
cghsatx
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #22453
I cant attend the rally but would love to find a source for quality replacement furniture for my 2019 3731 - kitchen table is awful, too high and sags, the chairs are uncomfortable ( the whole arrangement in that slide seems to be wrong) ; the $300 king size mattress option overhangs the queen size foundation (Keystone says this is normal) and the sofa BEDS are worthless for actually sleeping on them - they dont even unfold level! I kind of like the recliners but dont expect them to last very long
cghsatx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 06:33 PM   #36
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Folks nobody forced you into buying your unit! You have a choice when you are out hunting for an RV and I'll tell you what, you won't find ANY RV that you look at that has TOP QUALITY furniture unless you are willing to spend $300-500,000 or more and then some of it is not TOP Quality. You had your choice when you bought your unit and you apparently did not look closely at your choice with a quality eye. The Montana is " the best bang for the buck" you will find out there. Nobody forced you to buy that Montana it was YOUR choice! If you want better furniture, empty your unit out and go to a furniture store and buy what you want and then just see how much more your unit weighs and how much it cost you for that furniture. THEN do your comparison and see what you have! I'm not saying the furniture is top notch in the units and can't be improved but as I stated before "It's the best bang for the buck" you can get!
OK, I'm off my soapbox for Keystone!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 09:01 PM   #37
Lcwl
Established Member

M.O.C. #22128
Would be interested in looking what they have for replacement of the theater seats.
Lcwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 10:20 PM   #38
Dougcarey
Established Member

M.O.C. #20015
interested in new living room furniture- couch recliners,
Dougcarey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 07:10 AM   #39
cghsatx
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #22453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondo View Post
Folks nobody forced you into buying your unit! You have a choice when you are out hunting for an RV and I'll tell you what, you won't find ANY RV that you look at that has TOP QUALITY furniture unless you are willing to spend $300-500,000 or more and then some of it is not TOP Quality. You had your choice when you bought your unit and you apparently did not look closely at your choice with a quality eye. The Montana is " the best bang for the buck" you will find out there. Nobody forced you to buy that Montana it was YOUR choice! If you want better furniture, empty your unit out and go to a furniture store and buy what you want and then just see how much more your unit weighs and how much it cost you for that furniture. THEN do your comparison and see what you have! I'm not saying the furniture is top notch in the units and can't be improved but as I stated before "It's the best bang for the buck" you can get!
OK, I'm off my soapbox for Keystone!
So instead of acknowledging what I say is at least mostly correct, you criticize me for not being an RV shopping expert and looking for months to find the the "best" one. The point of these forums is to share info about the units and help educate owners or buyers, not expect every RV buyer to be an expert, have all the time in the world to shop, be willing to accept substandard workmanship but pay top dollar, have the time to take the units back to the dealer 3 or 4 times after initial delivery or either be a mechanic, plumber, electrician. Covering up or hiding the real issues doesn't help Keystone or its customers. Keystone accepted $ from all of us, and all us have the option to post our experience with the units
cghsatx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 01:01 PM   #40
Chasersr
Established Member

M.O.C. #20368
Quote:
Originally Posted by koerner View Post
Interested in purchasing a new hide-a-bed couch.
Judie Muth
I have two new sofa hide a beds for sale.
Chasersr is offline   Reply With Quote