Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Who, Where & When?
Click Here to Login

Old 06-16-2007, 03:04 AM   #1
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Lake Barkley - COE

Well, we're not in South Dakota at the mini-rally, but we have a beautiful site in the Canal Campground, Corp of Engineers, just outside Grand Rivers, Kentucky at the north end of the Land Between the Lakes. Beautiful doesn't do it justice. COE campgrounds tend to be among my favorite spots to park and this one is so nice. I watched the sun rise over the lake this morning through the trees. It's a nice view for $8.50 per night with the oldtimers' pass. Much to our surprise, our aircard works here in the woods.

This morning two little Carolina wrens were perched on our ladder outside our back window, serenading us, I guess. Can it get any better? Yup, three favorite grandchildren with us would be the perfect thing to make it better.

jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 03:18 AM   #2
therebnme
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4092
It sounds beautiful. Glad all is well. Yep, we're on the way west for the grandchildren "fix" too.
therebnme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 04:13 AM   #3
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Hi Judy,

We have been there too. It is a beautiful campground. We managed to get a big site on top of the hill overlooking the lake, so that we could watch the lake out our back window. Certainly one of our favourites!
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 04:40 AM   #4
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Well, let's not tell anybody, John, so we can get a site next time we're in this area. I think we got our site this past Wed. because someone cancelled. We were at the bottom of their list when we checked in.

Our site is situated so that we can see the sunrise through the trees over the lake which is about 25 yards away. Greta is having a fit over all the squirrels and the birds make for a melodious background.

We can never get enough of those grandkids, Shirley!
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 06:07 AM   #5
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Sounds like a beautiful spot Judy. I'll have to mark that one down for on our way to Florida this fall.

I should be able to give my eldest grandson a big hug soon too. Can't wait. We are on our way to his wedding now.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote