Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North American MOC / Florida Region
Click Here to Login

Old 10-16-2004, 02:10 PM   #1
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Got our own Florida forum so let's talk rally...

In an earlier post at "MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS--Camping Clubs within MOC--MOC chapters" the posibility of a Florida Rally was discussed.

Compared to most rallys this will be an easy one as we already had the dates and location picked for us by the Florida RV Trade Association....
The Florida RV Super Show at the Florida State Fairgrounds in Tampa, FL - January 12-16, 2005
Here's a link...... http://www.frvta.org/supershow/index.shtml

Jeff Heiser has volunteered to call some of the campgrounds he is familar with in the area to see if maybe we can get a special rate etc.

In order for Jeff to get the campground location and rate we need a definite list of those who will to attend.
Please add you name only if you will be camping with the FloridaMOC.
Please note- This rally is open to ALL MOC MEMBERS not just the Floridians.
This show is only 3 months away. We need to get the ball rolling ASAP.

Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 04:00 AM   #2
Jeff Heiser
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2088
I will call this week and try to get some prelimary costs from several of the camp grounds I know from the area.

Is there anything special that everyone attending would like to do? I am thinking we for sure have a Saturday night potluck, visit the Montana Booth at the RV show as a group and have group picture taken. If anyone else has some ideas of activities or thinks to do lets get them rolling.

I know there are a bunch of Florida Montana Owners that post to this forum so lets not be shy. Let's here from you. Make plans to be there in January.

Jeff Heiser
Merritt Island Florida
Jeff Heiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 09:03 AM   #3
Bob Pasternak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #800
Send a message via ICQ to Bob Pasternak
We have reservations at 'Shady Acres RV Park' in Ft. Myers for four weeks starting the 7th of Jan. but I'm not sure we'll get to the show. Just have to see how busy we are.
Bob Pasternak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 09:34 AM   #4
faeb and genb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #57
DWe have reservations in Frostproof but would love to attend the rally. I will plan on camping there also.
Gene
faeb and genb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 05:45 AM   #5
Ontheroad
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #551
Ellie and I have reservations at Bay Bayeu for Jan. & Feb. It's near Tampa so we will definatly attend the show and any rally events.
Steve
Ontheroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 12:45 PM   #6
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Steve and Ellie, I'm sorry we didn't get to sit down and chat with you at the rally, although I did see you there. On your website, great picture with the hand and tiny foot. Is that a grandchild? (Ellie doesn't look near old enough to have a grandchild so hope I'm not putting my foot in mouth).

Congratulations on the retirement and fulltiming. Hope you're enjoying every minute of it.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 01:56 PM   #7
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
I have made it a point to attend the Tampa Show every year for the last for years. But that was when I had a job that allowed me to set my own hours, now I'm living on the East coast of Florida with a real job. One I have to be at everyday. Being the new person, I'm not sure how much flexibility I will have in Jan. I will be there if at all possible, even if I can only drive over for a day. At this point it looks like a Sat or maybe if I'm really clever I can pull off Friday.

i do know that if any of you are thinking seriously about going and staying in an local campground, you need to make your reservations now. The area becomes saturated with RV'rs during this show.

BTW: It's a great show. You will see every RV made and everything they sell for RV'rs.
Montana_70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 03:20 PM   #8
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
We too will be in FL during January. Do not have reservations anywhere yet, but headng south from Pigeon Forge, TN, next week. Will definitly keep an eye on this topic and try to meet up with some of you!
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 03:20 AM   #9
Just148
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1043
I also will be in FL. in january and would like to make to show, I will make a dicidison soon.
Just148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 10:31 PM   #10
Kimmrg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1217
We will be in the area and would love to join you. The Goshen rally was our first and we had a ball, so many nice folks to meet. Count us in!
Kim and Steve Gyuricsko and the golden (retriever)girls.
Kimmrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 12:34 AM   #11
On The Road Again
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1725
Glenn: It appears from the "voting" that Reno will be the site of our 2005 National MOC Rally. From what I continue to read on the forum, there may be quite a few who feel that Reno is way too far to travel, expecially for those still working and not yet retired.
Don't know what your plans are, assuming it's Reno, however, have you given any thought to perhaps having a regional rally with our Florida & Virginia Region Group sometime this spring or summer ? At least that would give those who aren't able to make the Reno trip another option..
Just a thought...what's yours ?
On The Road Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 01:42 AM   #12
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by On The Road Again

Glenn: It appears from the "voting" that Reno will be the site of our 2005 National MOC Rally. From what I continue to read on the forum, there may be quite a few who feel that Reno is way too far to travel, expecially for those still working and not yet retired.
Don't know what your plans are, assuming it's Reno, however, have you given any thought to perhaps having a regional rally with our Florida & Virginia Region Group sometime this spring or summer ? At least that would give those who aren't able to make the Reno trip another option..
Just a thought...what's yours ?
I'll wait and see where this voting thing goes before I make any other plans. I attended the 1st rally and I definitely would want to attend the 2nd no matter where it is held
BUT..
Lorraine and I are planing on doing the east coast next year. We would like to head up along the Atlantic coastline to the New England states and the Maritimes. That was why we indicated we could possibly attend the Virginia spring rally. By the beginning of September we will probably just be getting back into the New England states or New York. Doing this route could present a problem getting over to Reno by the middle/end of September.

I liked rames14 alternate idea of returning to Goshen and it would be easier for us to get to Goshen again than Reno. And besides I think I'll be needing to stop at the Montana plant once again. Got a strange feeling I got some axle problems. The tires are wearing kind of strange.

As far as a Florida & Virginia Region Group rally the only definite is it would not be in Florida. It's too D%$# hot down here at any time of year except January and February. AND besides, you already have your Virginia Rally going on the spring. Let's work with that and see where it goes.

BUT as I said..."I'll wait and see where this voting thing goes before I make any other plans."
Old 12-20-2004, 03:40 PM   #13
Rob Cooley
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4
Send a message via Yahoo to Rob Cooley
We will be at the Florida Super Show again as always. It is a show that you just don't want to miss out on. Last year we had a nice MOC group meet at the Montana booth which was great. Oh by the way, I can make the show about anytime as on of my first year benifits is 6 weeks of vacation. I love it when someone wants you to work for them and it puts me in the drivers seat on what I want.
Rob Cooley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 04:44 AM   #14
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Hi Rob,
Here we all are....

We had a good time last year and hopefully we will do it again this year.
So there is no chance of anyone missing it I am going to start a new post to rally the troops to Tampa Supershow.
Old 12-21-2004, 06:43 AM   #15
Random Line
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7
[quote]Originally posted by Glenn and Lorraine

In an earlier post at "MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS--Camping Clubs within MOC--MOC chapters" the posibility of a Florida Rally was discussed.
-------------------------

Congratulations on your successfull start. Sorry we can't be with you.
Hope you all have a nice time. There may be some things that you do here that may work elsewhere so we will be watching.

Random Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 07:00 AM   #16
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Rob, you must be really good at whatever it is you do. That's a big star for you.

I don't know if you've had the chance to catch up on all the posts but the 2005 Rally will be near Reno, NV, in early October. Hope you can make this one.
Old 12-21-2004, 07:07 AM   #17
On The Road Again
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1725
Unless, I missed something, I haven't seen or read anymore post lately concerning a firm date and place for our '05 Rally....other than in the Reno area.
Marshall
On The Road Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 10:32 AM   #18
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Marshall & Rosemary
Not sure what Random Line is refering to but the closest thing to a rally in the Florida region is going to be a gathering of a few (hopefully a lot) MOCers at the RV Show in Tampa.

Initially an actual Florida rally seemed to have a lot of interest but that has pretty much died.

Here is a link to the MOC 2005 Rally in Reno
Old 12-21-2004, 01:38 PM   #19
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
There's some people in that picture I haven't seen posts from in quite awhile. JimnKaren, jimnmick, W4BGF. Anybody heard from them?
Old 12-21-2004, 01:52 PM   #20
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
W4BGF is actually a misprint, it should be wa4bmg aka John and Nancy.
John and Nancy are probably at their campsite at Salt Springs located in Ocala National Forest.
Which reminds me that I gotta try to get up to see them.