Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GIRLS gone MOC > MOC Gals General Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 11-11-2017, 06:31 PM   #21
Loneoak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19514
Quote:
Originally Posted by CORattler View Post
Why a short bed dually? Many advantages to the 8 foot bed.
We bought our second truck two years ago, and went with an 8’ box again, only this time with a full cab. We love the truck and the space it provides, but occasionally it does present a problem.

Today we parked in the parking garage at a hospital while visiting a relative. Here is the picture I took after it was parked. I guided Hubby to within a few inches of the wall.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6C049C35-05B4-495C-8A3A-8F7B20B3AC6B.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	179.9 KB
ID:	815  

2017 High Country 305RL
2015 Ford F-250 Super Duty
Loneoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 07:02 PM   #22
Ram Montana High Country
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19944
New trucks always look different from the drivers seat - with my new Ram 2500HD Crew 4x4 - I've come to believe the camera and sensors and usually back into spots like that
Ram Montana High Country is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 07:11 PM   #23
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Loneoak, You may be sticking out a bit but other vehicles can still get around you with relative ease. I haven't found a place yet that I couldn't park my 1 ton dually. It may have been a bit awkward but not as bas as pulling it back up the side of a cliff when the brakes failed going down the hill!!! The safety cushion of having a big enough truck to control the camper outweighs any and all other concerns or inconveniences!!!
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 04:21 AM   #24
Loneoak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19514
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlakejim View Post
Loneoak, You may be sticking out a bit but other vehicles can still get around you with relative ease. I haven't found a place yet that I couldn't park my 1 ton dually. It may have been a bit awkward but not as bas as pulling it back up the side of a cliff when the brakes failed going down the hill!!! The safety cushion of having a big enough truck to control the camper outweighs any and all other concerns or inconveniences!!!
I agree. We left it like that for the two hours we were at the hospital. I had to guide Hubby out. This sort of thing is very rare. If I had been alone, I would have probably parked on the roof where there is plenty of room.

When I park in a parking lot to go shopping, I go to the back of the lot and take up four spots. The extra exercise does not hurt and I am not inconveniencing anyone.

2017 High Country 305RL
2015 Ford F-250 Super Duty
Loneoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 06:50 AM   #25
L0veless
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19132
Send a message via AIM to L0veless
Ram mega cab dually only comes in short bed, I wanted one but could not find them when we were looking ended up with crew cab long bed dually (love it).
as mentioned I have no issues parking although I'm aware of the cars next to me and if the rear fenders are to close to them I do find another spot. this is mostly when I back in or pull through.