Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-19-2018, 01:59 PM   #21
pyoung47
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20913
Thanks to all who reported true pricing. This info should be a money saver to those who will listen.

pyoung47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 02:21 PM   #22
ClockDr
Established Member

M.O.C. #18581
Have been shopping for a 3121rl. Found a 2018 in Gassville, Ark for $52,192.
ClockDr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 02:38 PM   #23
joyce.stevens
Established Member

M.O.C. #20045
New To Forum And New To Rving

I was instructed by some really good friends to not by new and it was the best advice I got. I got much more camper for a much lower price. I also bought from a individual person so I didn't have to do the dealer dance. I had an appraisal done by RV pricing and Values and it was really got me the price I wanted.
Why take the hit of rolling it off the parking lot with a new one. I don't want to insult anyone but mine is a 2015 and it is built better than lot of new one that are pushed out quickly.
Joyce Stevens
joyce.stevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 02:54 PM   #24
c2itcliff
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21599
You should resonably expect to purchase for about ~20-30% off sticker, according to "Big Truck Big RV" YouTube channel. If your not familiar with this channel, check out this link.
https://www.youtube.com/user/CorpusChristiGuy
c2itcliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 02:55 PM   #25
MARK A
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18157
You’re getting screwed on the delivery. 3k.. at most.

Mark
Old 09-19-2018, 05:46 PM   #26
woodman
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12256
Shop around, do your due diligent homework and don’t buy at an RV show, you are rarely getting anything close to a competitive price. If you are trading, it gets more complicated, but if you’re buying outright, wholesale prices are available online and at some larger dealerships normally within a 150-200 mile radius of Goshen, Indiana where the Montana’s are manufactured. In our case, we checked out several dealerships online that we’re located in Michigan and Indiana, got quotes on exact same, made a lot of phone calls, got references and then made the deal. We ended up driving our truck to a Michigan dealership, spent a couple days and nights onsite getting the “bugs” remedied and then drove it back home. We used this method to purchase our first, and did the same with our second. We felt saving between 6K or more was worth it. And yes, you can find a driver to bring it to you. Check with the dealership or contact a hitch or large truck dealerships near Goshen or Elkhart for some names of RV drivers or companies, cause they’re working with them all the time.
woodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 05:49 PM   #27
RMon
Established Member

M.O.C. #19286
Price

You are paying way to much. Coming to the end of the year prices will drop I think around 50,000 would be about right.
Check all Windows to make sure they work even the dining room chairs as screws have known to be to long poking holes through the material.
Good luck in your venture.
RMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 08:22 PM   #28
Greg and Sherry
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #17728
Welcome to the forum from Montana state. You’ll find answers to any questions you could ever ask! Smart and friendly people here.
Greg and Sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 08:54 PM   #29
Montana2019
Established Member

M.O.C. #22614
Dealer Referral

Hi CaliforniaJim,

Congratulations on your purchase in Indiana, that seems like a good price! What is the name of dealership you went with, I'm also in the market for pretty much the same unit / options. Did you like who you worked with, if so would you pass on their name. How was the process, any special pointers working with them for folks following in your tracks? Happy Camping!

Quote:
Originally Posted by California Jim View Post
I would like to thank all for their input. We purchased a 2019 3121RL with the following listed below, for an out the door total of $59,985.00 plus tax. We will be picking it up.

Solar
D/P Windows
King Bed
Gen Prep
Generator
Slide Awnings

For the same model locally, it was $68,316.00 if I buy the one in the lot. If I ordered it, it was going up by 10% due to steel and aluminum tariffs.

It would Not include the following
D/P windows
Gen Prep
Generator
Slide awnings
Montana2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 10:38 PM   #30
Texan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19873
If i was buying a new rig in Indiana I would contact Mor-Ryde in Elkhart Ind. and have the disc brakes and independent suspension installed with the savings. Since you are already there this would be a great time to have this done.
Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 10:52 PM   #31
Montana2019
Established Member

M.O.C. #22614
Great Suggestion Texan!
Montana2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 09:21 AM   #32
Kyle and Lisa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana2019 View Post
Hi CaliforniaJim,

Congratulations on your purchase in Indiana, that seems like a good price! What is the name of dealership you went with, I'm also in the market for pretty much the same unit / options. Did you like who you worked with, if so would you pass on their name. How was the process, any special pointers working with them for folks following in your tracks? Happy Camping!
We bought ours from Pete's RV in Indiana, very happy with them. Went to Indiana Dunes state park the day we picked it up about an hour from the them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	297.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	107.8 KB
ID:	2378  
Kyle and Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 05:31 AM   #33
margerush
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20713
Everyone has very good advice for you. We bought our 3160RL 2 hrs north of us. We told the local dealer (who had a 3160RL on the lot) the bottom line of the other dealership, which was $10K less--local dealer said no way. Local dealer couldn't believe we would drive 2 hrs north to buy another fiver. Also, the fiver we bought had a 2nd awning & fan in living room.
margerush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 11:34 AM   #34
lmlgriny

M.O.C. #18063
AZ Traveler... I have a F250 CC LB 6.7 and was wondering how well does your truck handle your 3160RL
lmlgriny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 08:20 PM   #35
GrayPDX

M.O.C. #21175
I bought my 2018 Montana 3970RD for $63K in Dec '17. Add-ons of slide toppers and Duratane protection in and out added just another $5k and I feel I did ok on the deal. Curtis Trailers up here in Portland treated me great and I haven't had any issues at all with them or my new rig. I'm a full timer and pull it frequently on trips with my kids and their rigs for weeklong treks.
GrayPDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 09:29 PM   #36
prodhair

M.O.C. #21566
Quote:
Originally Posted by California Jim View Post
Hi My name is Jim and my wife's name is Phyllis. We are ready to purchase a new Montana. We live in California. We were quoted "their bottom price" of $68,316.00 on a 2018 3120 RL because they have it on the lot. We checked online for the same RV and found the exact same Rv except it is a 2019 3120 RL for $58,756.00 add $6,200.00 for the Legacy Package. Granted if I have it delivered, it will cost a little over $4,000.00 more. Have others found huge differences in pricing?

Thanks in advance.
Go pick it up youself, stay there a week to work out the kinks and familure yourself to any issues. You can deal with them on the spot. Don't let your local dealer covince you that you'll get better help at home, they don't care about you the minute you drive off the lot.
prodhair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 10:01 AM   #37
California Jim
Established Member

M.O.C. #22617
That's nice!
California Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 10:21 AM   #38
California Jim
Established Member

M.O.C. #22617
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana2019 View Post
Hi CaliforniaJim,

Thank you.

We ended up with Walnut Ridge Family RV Sales. I worked with Jesse Trennepohl JTrennepohl@walnutridgerv.com

There is no sales pressure here. Jesse (pronounced Jess) Was a newer salesman. If he did not know an answer, he looked into it.

We plan to spend the night there to work out any issues.

I should note that there was no sales pressure here in Cali either.

Someone mentioned here that I would have to pay double income tax, one for each state. Walnut Ridge has assured me that they collect sales tax and send it to California. I will have to pay the half a percent difference. Every state is different though.

Good luck with your search!
Old 09-29-2018, 09:11 AM   #39
California Jim
Established Member

M.O.C. #22617
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldicon View Post
Paid $56k (before taxes) for 2019 with residential frig, king bed, and slide toppers.
Very nice! I am guessing you did not buy it in California. LOL

Enjoy your rig!