Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-08-2010, 01:00 AM   #1
Laman

M.O.C. #9877
3650RK

I am seriously looking at a 2005 Montana 3650RK that appears be in excellent condition and the wife really likes the floor plan. I have done a search and read the limited comments on this model which are basically positive. I was just wondering since this model is no longer made were there any particular problems with this style? I am not looking for any bashing just comments from owners, current and past.

Oh yeah my wife was wondering if anyone can tell her if when the fold-out couch is deployed can you still access the kitchen? We are several hours from the unit so trying it out is not an option.

Thanks for your help, looking forward to trading the SOB (still a Keystone) for a Montana

Laman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 09:31 AM   #2
GregN
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6790
Welcome to the forum. You will find a wealth of information here and other friendly MOC'ers here to help with any advise you may need. So many rallies to attend no matter what part to the country you are from. Plus you will make a lot of new friends. I have a 2006 3650RK. My late wife and I decided on this model as she really liked the kitchen. Remindered her of home with the center island. I have not had any problems with the unit, with the ececption of having to replace the refer last year(warranty covered) as the cooling unit went out. There is plenty of storage. There is a little space to sneak by to the kitchen when the couch is deployed. You have to put the recliners in the traveling positions to have the room. We only had someone sleep on it once. As they say Cocktails for six, Dinner for four, Sleeps two. If it has the two older televisions in it, the bedroom easy fix to replace with flat screen. 26" will fit. As for the living room I am wanting to put in a 32" flat screen. The way the living slide come in right there I am working on idea to get it to work so that I don't have to take it down during traveling. A smaller screen coiulod fit inside the cabinet.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:05 PM   #3
scductman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7270
Laman as with gregN I also have a 2006 3650RK. You will hear things about the rear kitchen being hard to keep things stored when on the road we have only had a small oops a time or two nothing bad and I pull kinda hard. The wife loves the kitchen. that being said we are looking at replacing the hid-a-bed it should never have been called a bed. but we dont have alot of need for it anyway. great RV we love it. I also replaced my cooling unit last feb I wish I had talked to gregN I payed for mine myself didnt know warranty might help.
bobby
scductman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 12:35 PM   #4
Alwims
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10623
We've got a 2004 3650RK and just love it. We took the sofa out and put the recliners across from each other, one in the slide and the other where the sofa was. The furnace was under the sofa so I built a cover over it and that became the dogs and cat's feed area. I also put a roll top desk in the slide for my computer. I built a table over the furnace for Carols computer. I'm the DH and I'm also the cook and I Love the kitchen. We longtime in ours.
Alwims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 12:47 PM   #5
scductman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7270
Alan I like the idea of one recliner on each side. we were thinking of a Futon. My furnace is under the basement on the right just as you start up the stairs to the BR they must hace changed in 05. There is nothing under my sofa so it will be easy to change.
bobby
scductman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 09:44 AM   #6
GregN
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6790
As for the kitchen being in the rear, I have not had any problems with anything coming out of the cabinets, except once. Was opening the slides and heard a loud pop. Stop to check it out. A bowl had fallen out and was laying next to the slide and when it open the slide, smash. Yet all the cabinets were closed. Now I have little bungee cords on the bottom cabinets, tighten the catches on the top and have not had a problem. But now I do move out the slides enough to get in and check before opening them all the way. Just in case.
Old 11-11-2010, 05:29 AM   #7
ChuckD
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7916
Send a message via Yahoo to ChuckD
We have a 20073650 and love it... We replaced both recliners with lazy boys and replaced the couch with a more comfy sofa that does not have a hide-a-bed....personal choice...... relplace one landgear leg..... but that had nothing to do with the model.....our only problem was dearler service which we got that cleared up... We LOVE th unit and DW would not concider trading it for anything.......so go for it...Chuck
ChuckD is offline   Reply With Quote