Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-06-2006, 04:10 PM   #21
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Most cg's we've been in have cable. And a few have the female connector as mentioned above. So we carry the adapter for that. And a 50' coax to connect. We've found that is always plenty of length.

I'm not sure if anyone mentioned torque wrench. You'll need to check torque on lugnuts each time the lugnuts are loosened. And do it every 50 to 100 miles until they no longer tighten.

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 05:21 PM   #22
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
I don't suppose any of these CGs have cable modems, do they? Could be expensive I guess... don't know though.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 05:43 AM   #23
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Dave
We've never seen cable modems. What we have experienced beside Wi-Fi is instant phone connection at your site and then you have dial up. It is usually expensive to go this way as you are charged by the minute. On a long term basis some parks have phone connection at site and you arrange with the local phone company for service so you have dial up. This is why we ended up with DirecWay when we were parked for several years. I find my Verizon cell phone connection works better than some of the WiFi connections at the CG. Some are expensive and slow. Others are great. You just have to be prepared to go several different ways.
Happy trails.....................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 01:31 PM   #24
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by dsprik

I don't suppose any of these CGs have cable modems, do they? Could be expensive I guess... don't know though.
Dave, more and more have wi-fi. So many these days that I have not used our dialup isp for a connection in well over a year.

The park wi-fi is wireless to their router. Their connection may be dsl, cable (with cable modem) or other. At Campus RV Park where we spend time in Independence, MO, it's cable modem, then wireless to us. That one was the fastest I've ever seen at any park. It rivaled the cable modem we had in our stick home. So, in that respect, yes, some have cable modems. But not in your trailer.

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 02:46 PM   #25
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
If interested in checking your download speed on Wi-Fi, go to this link and click on Internet Speed in the left hand column

http://www.pcpitstop.com/
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 05:53 PM   #26
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sreigle

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by dsprik

Dave, more and more have wi-fi. So many these days that I have not used our dialup isp for a connection in well over a year.

The park wi-fi is wireless to their router. Their connection may be dsl, cable (with cable modem) or other. At Campus RV Park where we spend time in Independence, MO, it's cable modem, then wireless to us. That one was the fastest I've ever seen at any park. It rivaled the cable modem we had in our stick home. So, in that respect, yes, some have cable modems. But not in your trailer.
I have the same setup here at home, Steve. Charter cable with 3 meg service to my wireless router, to my laptop. I have my iBook hard wired to the router, as I cannot find ANYONE that makes a wireless USB antenna for Mac, except Apple themselves for $120. D-Link did make an Apple version for $39, but I lost my antenna in a Chicago Hotel last year and called D-Link for a replacement. Guess what - don't make them any more. Bought one on Ebay for $20 - didn't work. Cannot bring myself to pay $120 + tx for Apple's.

You are right about it being fast.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote