Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-29-2005, 10:21 AM   #21
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
I have been in a couple of those Keystone/Montana bashers.It drives me crazy.They just seem to hate any one that has a Montana and is happy with it.why I don`t know.I have had some Major problems with my unit.But Keystone has been wonderful in fixing every single one.I truly love my Montana,and am so thankful and proud that I have what I have.Now I just don`t deal with the negative post to often any more.You just can`t win with some of these people.

harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 12:25 PM   #22
lightningjack11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #59
I have had some problems but I don't see how any trailer could perform as good as my Monty. They all require a little TLC,
lightningjack11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 01:26 PM   #23
Bighorn
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4626
Sherry and I looked at 4 or 5 different manufactures before we bought our Monty. I looked over every nook and component on every coach we looked at. It’s my nature being a home inspector. The Montana impressed me the most. Mind you the Montana I looked at and purchased had its share of poor workmanship. But, it’s not any worse than the workmanship in the $700,000 homes I inspect for buyers at their Presettlement walkthroughs. There is defiantly a shortage of good craftsman in every industry world wide.
Its unfortunate that some people believe when they buy a new product that someone else is always responsible for there neglect. I have often found that the chronic complainers usually abuse everything they own and expect to pay nothing but assume their getting the world.
Bighorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 01:40 PM   #24
SAndreasen
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1918
I realize that I have a TT but it is still made by Keystone. My 315 is the third TT I've owned and by far the best. Ordered it new and had no big problems. Had a great dealer, so We've been very very happy with our TT. I understand people who have to get their "self-worth" by how much they can put others down. (Us Husker fans understand this really well!) The positive friendly family atmosphere of the MOC is one of the things I like our us! I'm proud to be part of this group.
SAndreasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 04:13 PM   #25
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
We just stick to our FAMILY FORUM! That is you the MONTANAOWNERS FAMILY. Everywhere in this world there are those who will trash something or everything! These people are really just miserable people. IMHO it is called JEALOUSLY!
Kathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 06:04 AM   #26
mobilrvn
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2056
Guess it is nice to go through life with blinders on. There are two sides to every coin as the saying goes. There needs to be honesty in everyones reporting, but then that would make dull reading, wouldn't it? We are happy for everyone who doesn't have problems with their Montanas, but some of us have real Montana lemons. Our list has increased by a couple of more in the last few days with an inop smoke detector and tire wear--think those make problems nos. 67 and 68 for us. Guess that you don't read the Montana forum regarding problems. The issue is what shows up as problems and what does Montana do to correct them. While reality says that there will be some defects, the goal should be zero defects. Montana and the other RV mfgrs. have a long way to go---too bad the Japanese aren't into making RVs.
mobilrvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 11:24 AM   #27
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Bill, I would disagree with you on the "Blinder" approach. I wouldn't make the mistake of thinking that a person who tends toward a positive outlook on life is someone who is naive and can't efficiently handle a negative situation.

Actually blinders can be very useful when stretching for a worthwhile goal/dream, while people all around you are constantly telling you that you can't do that, or that you will fail. "Do you know what the statistics are???" I wonder what the world would be like if Abe Lincoln or Thomas Edison had not had "blinders" on, and disregarded all of this input? I'm sure they had plenty of soothsayers. George Washington only won one battle during the Revolutionary War. He lost every other one. The one he finally won, was the one in which the British surrendered. This was over the course of a few years in horrible climatic conditions. Wonder if he ever had the right to complain and whine. He had men freezing to death all around him. Thank you "Blinders"!

You seem to have an unusually high number of defects on your Montana, and it surely is a challenge.

The majority of posts that I am coming across are getting above average response from Keystone/Montana. You seem to be having particular problems getting any positive response from them. I have found that keeping my cool, even when the opposite could have developed, on the phone has gotten many things done for me over the years. I have heard that smiling while you are on the phone in a difficult situation works to help you come across to other person in a more productive manner. I'm not saying I've haven't had to grit my teeth, but it has worked many times for me.

*On Edit~ I agree on the Japanese statement, Bill. We might even want to give China a chance.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 11:31 AM   #28
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
I don't think we are saying we can't report problems here - that is part of what this forum is about. What I think we are saying is we can do it without calling each other names, using the "F" word constantly and reporting on what we know about - not what we heard or wish. To me that is the difference in this forum and others.
Happy New Year and
Happy trails..........................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 01:38 PM   #29
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Well my uncles, sisters,brother in laws, first cousin's next door neighbors furnace repair guys partner said that keystone products are no good because his wifes sister said so..if you can't believe that what can you believe?????
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 02:39 PM   #30
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
OMG!!! Thanks, Rich! You just saved me a whole bunch of time I would have spent researching the FACTS! Whew... that was close. After all, who better to know?? Wasn't he in the National Enquirer???
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 01:19 AM   #31
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
"Blinders" or not, I know I have had darn few problems with my Monty and will buy another in a heart beat. I also realize that not all Montana's are created equal and some will have their problems but Montana didn't get to be number one by building junk.

And Rich I couldn't agree with you more. As I peruse the many different forums I constantly see these kind of posts/replys. I would much rather get it directly from the horse's mouth rather than after it passes out the other end.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 03:26 AM   #32
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
You are right Glenn..Most Montana's are Ok and give few problems..the thing is everyone wants one of those.Now that you sell RV's, Montana's and other brands, You will get a much different prospective of the Rv industry. The thing is these things are recreational vehicles, that's what they are built for.The AVERAGE RV'er uses their unit on the AVERAGE of 30 to 40 days a year. With that kind of use the Rv recliner chair will last for years (except for dogs and cats) They and the Rv are NOT built to full time , home standards. We, including me, expect far to much from our units. However I would like to get my 40K worth.. We will be selling RV's next week..hope it is a good show, could use the extra $ to buy some Montana options.
Old 12-31-2005, 05:12 AM   #33
Dave e Victoria
Montana Master

M.O.C. #635
I monitor several bulletin boards forums several times a day. However, they are all on different subjects. I find the ones with the least "junk" messaging in terms of flames and name calling, the ones where people have honest opinions and actually have something to offer and those that stay pretty much on topic. This forum is at the top of my list.

I find little reason to visit the other RV forums. The way I look at it, my life is getting shorter everyday. I don't want to waste time listening to some rant or searching through useless information. Had enough of that when I was in industry. I'll stick with this forum
Dave e Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 05:22 AM   #34
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Ditto, ditto, ditto. The only other one I look at once in a while is the diesel one but it seems to be dealing with problems with older vehicles. Nothing on the new ones which is good.
Happy trails.........................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 05:36 AM   #35
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Yea Glenn that guy on another forum who claimed to be a Rv salesman and advised all to not buy any Keystone product is IMO, a worthless post. Now if he would have come up with some documentation to back that statement up I may have paid attention.As posted..not worth reading..