Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-30-2005, 04:49 PM   #1
Montana_3020
Established Member

M.O.C. #3020
Anyone have 3650RK What do you think?

Hi all,
I'm new to this forum and we are looking at maybe buying a Montana 3650RK. How do you like you trailers and have you had any problems? Also how to they pull? I have a 05 F250 PSD CC 4x4 short bed. Love my truck its awesome. Ford new integrated trailer brake system work great on our TT. Also was wondering if 47K was a good price for the 3650?

Thanks All. My compliments to this forums moderator. The site is layed out fairly well.

Montana_3020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 05:11 PM   #2
jackw87
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #3007
Hi
Ihad a rear kitchen in a 30ft sportsman and did not like the rear kitchen things in the drawer bounced around too much and caused the drawer guides to break
jackw87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 05:16 PM   #3
Montana_1424
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1424
Welcome to the fourms.

I have an 04' 3650 RK. We love it, it tows great. We had one minor problem when we got it, there were a few outlets that didnt work. Turns out, a staple went through one of the wires during production, easly fixed by the dealer. I use a one ton Dodge to pull it. I know the 3/4 ton dodge was close to the max, so I opted for the one ton, as the GVWR of the RV is 14000, my truck can handle 16K. I am not familer with the numbers on the new fords, so just make sure yor truck can handle it.

All in all we love, got it last year, used it last season, and am looking forward to it this year.
Not sure what options you are looking at, but we got ours loaded up pretty good and paid 41K, and that was with a trade in, a 1 year old Cougar 5r.

I will say the sound systme in it is not so good, we had problems with that. I ended up purchasing a Sony system, and am going to replace it as soon as I get it out of storage this year. I contacted Keystone directly on this, and they are going to refund me the cost of the unit as soon as I send it back to then.

Never had any problems with things falling over or drawers opening. Actually, we had problems with our last one, and that was a mid kitchen.

Hope this helps out, if you have any more specific questions, feel free to email me at sfd124@twcny.rr.com

Montana_1424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 04:12 AM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
The 3650RK is a pretty long rig and thus more balanced than a shorter rig would be. Our 3295RK rear kitchen has about 25k miles on it and we've broken only one dish in that time. And that was before we learned how to take some simple and easy precautions. Some folks have had problems but most of us haven't. We now have enough time under our belts with this rear kitchen Montana that we would not hesitate to go rear kitchen again. If you want more information, let us know and we can point you to some threads on the topic, or discuss here again, or, if you prefer, you can do a search. If you search, check the 'archived' box so you check those, too. Just did some checking. Apparently the 'archived posts' box limits the search to the archives. So, search with and without that box checked.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 03:03 PM   #5
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
We don't have one but love it. The only big hold back for us, since I am a kitchen person was there was no place for a washer and dryer. Well they seem to have solved that for the 2005 models I saw on the Montana Model portion of this site. I'd consider one in a heart beat. I think the only flaw is it could use a bit more storage in the living room.

Patty
RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote