Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > It's a Dirty Job but Someone has to do it!
Click Here to Login

Old 05-19-2008, 08:31 AM   #1
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Any suggestions or comments?

Ok Mocr's-- thinking of adding something to the Monte to dump the tanks and was wondering the pros and cons to the following: Thinking of putting on either a Flush King valve set up, Hydro Flush system or Sewer Solution! Which do you have and what are the pros and cons to each? Noticed two are on sale from CW now! Thanks for any advise in advance!

Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 12:17 PM   #2
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
I use a Flush King only because I don't have the built in back flush. When we purchased our rig in 2000 the built in flush wasn't offered.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 02:57 PM   #3
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
We still have the Flush King from our old Jayco, and only used it to combine both grey water tanks. We also have a new Sewer solution and have only used it once to test it out and it worked great but not as fast as I had hoped. it will do in a pinch if we have to pump up 3 feet or less and don't have a good dump station. If we have a good dump station we will use the 3 inch hose for a full fast flush. Maybe in the future we will go for a power grinding system but for now the Sewer Solution and the 3" are fine.. Dave
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 12:50 PM   #4
drjjj
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5757
I was going to post the exact same question. To clarify, CW has the Flojet macerator and the Thetford Sani-Con line on sale. By my math, the Thetford net cost is about $50 more than the Flojet. Is the Thetford worth the extra $$$?
drjjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 02:16 PM   #5
hookman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6237
We have a Sewer Solutions and it works great. A little slower then dumping through a 3" hose but in the end a lot cleaner. It is a lot cheaper than a Macerator Pump.
hookman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 02:33 PM   #6
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I'm familiar with how the sewer solution works and how the macerator works. But those others I am not. Would those of you with those others mind describing how they work, the pros and cons, and, if you don't mind, approximate cost and ease of installation and ease of use? Thanks. My preferred method would be to find someone willing to dump the tanks for me but there's nobody in this household I can convince to do that...
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 02:39 PM   #7
William O. Phillips
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8088
Have a Sewer Solution and dump at home into a cleanout trap on the back of the house......uphill about two feet with about 60' of 1" pvc pipe.

It works great......

Bill
William O. Phillips is offline   Reply With Quote