Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 11-05-2017, 10:28 PM   #1
MAMalody
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5972
Hydraulic slide issue

I have a 2015 3790RD. It has two hydraulic opposing slides, the kitchen and dining room. I went to bring them in and nothing. No sound, no movement, nothing. The other three slides (electric) came in with no problems. Battery seems ok, connections at switch seem ok, inline fuse is ok, battery connections ok, and I even replaced the auto reset breaker and nothing. Suggestions?

MAMalody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 04:53 AM   #2
WeBeFulltime
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11397
Your Level Up system works off the same pump as the 2 slides. Is it working?

Full Timers 9/1/2010 through 1/16/2020.
WeBeFulltime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 03:57 PM   #3
MAMalody
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5972
I forgot to include that the Level Up system does not operate, also.
Old 11-07-2017, 08:00 AM   #4
jcurtis934
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13740
With no sound, you are not getting 12vdc to the pump motor. You should be able to check for power on the trombeta relay that reverses power to the motor for in and out operation. That relay could be bad or the motor if you are getting power up to that relay. If there was pump operation and no slide action, the issue would be a stuck solinoid or corrosion on the connections at the solinoid.
jcurtis934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 10:18 AM   #5
stengels
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14162
Send a message via AIM to stengels
Agree with jcurtis. It sounds like the motor to me. My experience is that, even if you have a bad solenoid, the hydraulics will push through another valve and you will get movement somewhere (slides or jacks).
Old 11-07-2017, 12:03 PM   #6
Irlpguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12935
Here is a place to start in determining if your hydraulic motor or the solenoid may be the problem. In the picture to the right of the pump motor is the solenoid, you can see the main power wire coming from one of your auto-reset breakers to the center connection of the solenoid. You will also see two other heavy wires that go to the pump motor, these control the direction of the pump.
Now if you have 12v at the breaker from which this main wire comes and at the point it connects to the solenoid then you have the required 12v. You will also have two smaller wires at the solenoid, these come from the switch to activate the solenoid. When you activate the switch for the slides you should then have 12v at one or the other of these smaller wire connections at the solenoid. If you don't this may indicate a problem with the switch itself. If you do have 12v and the solenoid does not operate then it is most likely the solenoid is bad.
You can short across the main power cable terminal to either of the contacts for the wires that go to the motor, if the motor then operates you definitely have a solenoid problem or a problem with the small wires that operate the solenoid.
I must stress it is so important to make sure your ground wire is tight and all other connections are tight before troubleshooting.
If you operate the slides using your remote, if you have one, then other issues could be at play.
Good luck with your solution, hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Montan 12V (5).jpg
Views:	105
Size:	216.6 KB
ID:	795  
Irlpguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 10:36 PM   #7
MAMalody
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5972
My wife is having eye surgery today, however, when I return to my 5er I will check this lead out and let you guys know how it went. Thanks for the help.
Old 11-08-2017, 10:37 PM   #8
MAMalody
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5972
I hate to admit to stupidity, however, after swearing that I had checked every wire there was to check. it cost me $100 to find out that the ground wire was loose. Well, at least that was better than $130 for a new solenoid.