Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 10-10-2015, 02:42 PM   #1
jcurtis934
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13740
cajun palms rv

If you like quiet, this is not the park. Imagine people riding around in golf carts with music blasting. Imagine rvs with outside music systems blasting three rows away and yoy can hear it inside the rv as they switch from hiphop to country...all at loud volume. Now imagine the office not doing anything about it. If you stayed here and had a good experience, lucky you. I am serious about leaving tomorrow morning instead of staying longer. John

Old 10-10-2015, 03:31 PM   #2
Mynabird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8757
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jcurtis934

If you like quiet, this is not the park. Imagine people riding around in golf carts with music blasting. Imagine rvs with outside music systems blasting three rows away and yoy can hear it inside the rv as they switch from hiphop to country...all at loud volume. Now imagine the office not doing anything about it. If you stayed here and had a good experience, lucky you. I am serious about leaving tomorrow morning instead of staying longer. John
They will also leave tomorrow. Weekend campers! Then perhaps it will be quieter?

Good luck!
Mynabird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 03:44 PM   #3
davidaf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13601
Sounds like a couple beach places we like to stay. Weekdays are great but weekends can be a bit annoying to say the least.
davidaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 09:04 PM   #4
ranch560
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12491
A couple of years ago I stopped here for 2 nights on the weekend. They were having a cajun musical fest. The place was packed. Full of golf carts, kids, crayfish cookers, bbq's, ice chests full of beer, and happy people. Everywhere I went I was offered a bowl of gumbo or jambalaya, each camping clan trying to outdo each other. They were very outgoing and friendly people. And at 10pm the music stopped just like a Don Mcclain song around the campfire. It was very quiet from then on. On Saturday I drove south about 25 miles and attended a frog leg cooking festival. What a different environment for this West Coaster. I guess I just want to say for me it was good, but I know it's not for everyone.
ranch560 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 08:04 AM   #5
pineranch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9765
Come on John, we live on the Redneck Riviera so a little Cajun good times should be OK. We only stay during the week in early May, quiet as a church mouse.
Mike
pineranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 12:26 PM   #6
jcurtis934
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13740
True words, pineranch. I don't mind someone having music at a volume that respects others, but some folks were trying to watch football games and we were just trying to relax after the drive. There was not a hint of cajunmusic to be had. I was not willing to hang for another day/night to see if all the rowdy "me generation" folks were going to leave. So much quieter here near loxley, alabama and there is a family from new orleans running a market with some of the best boudin sausage I have had. John