Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 05-13-2014, 08:29 AM   #1
mainer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10761
Camp San Luis Obispo to Visalia

Will be leaving Camp San Luis Obispo and traveling to the Yosemite area in June. I was wondering about this route and what do you think/recommend: This is what goggle gave me:

101 North
46 East
41 North
198 East

Thanks,
Marge

mainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 10:50 AM   #2
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
If you are going to Yosemite Park, you don't need to go through Visalia. Just stay on Hwy 41 and it will take you directly to the south entrance. If you are going to Visalia, then the directions you gave are correct. From Visalia to Yosemite, you would go back west via Hwy 198 to Hwy 99, go north and then at Fresno pick up Hwy 41 and that would take you to Yosemite Park, that run would be a bit over a hundred miles. Too bad you aren't going to Yosemite right now. My brother from NC just went to the park yesterday and the falls are running picture perfect. I'm afraid, by June, with the low rain and snow, they might not be quite as nice.
rohrmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 04:44 AM   #3
mtheo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6171
where are you staying in the Yosemite area.
mtheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 06:01 AM   #4
mainer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10761
Thanks for the info. I wanted to make sure that the roads would be good (not scary for me) for our 5th wheel.

Unfortunately we won't be able to make it there until June. Sounds like your brother picked the perfect time. Hopefully there will be some water on the falls.

On the way to Yosemite, I also plan on stopping at the Sequoia National Park. Plan on staying at a KOA in Visalia. I see there is another RV park closer Sequoia RV Ranch, but I wasn't sure about taking the 5th wheel on that road.

Thanks again,
Marge

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by rohrmann

If you are going to Yosemite Park, you don't need to go through Visalia. Just stay on Hwy 41 and it will take you directly to the south entrance. If you are going to Visalia, then the directions you gave are correct. From Visalia to Yosemite, you would go back west via Hwy 198 to Hwy 99, go north and then at Fresno pick up Hwy 41 and that would take you to Yosemite Park, that run would be a bit over a hundred miles. Too bad you aren't going to Yosemite right now. My brother from NC just went to the park yesterday and the falls are running picture perfect. I'm afraid, by June, with the low rain and snow, they might not be quite as nice.
Old 05-14-2014, 06:03 AM   #5
mainer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10761
We will be staying at Yosemite South/Coarsegold KOA - arriving on 6/10th - 6/17th

Marge

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by mtheo

where are you staying in the Yosemite area.