Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 07-01-2008, 01:48 PM   #1
William O. Phillips
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8088
Mounting an LCD Inside/Outside Cargo Area

Anyone on the forum mounted an HD LCD TV in the cargo area with outside access? We love our outside entertainment stereo and old 13" almost-color TV. Want to install a small (22"-26") HD LCD TV. I am thinking that a decent mounting bracket/arm would make it possible to install inside the cargo area and also move it outside for viewing. When under way a few velcro strips could secure it inside the cargo area.....

Anyone successfully install one?

Thanks much - Bill

William O. Phillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 02:55 PM   #2
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Bill,

I think at least one person has installed a television in the cargo area. I'm sure someone who has installed one will step forward.

Dennis
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 03:10 PM   #3
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
That would be MR jjackflash! Nice job too.

here is the link - Outside television
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 01:17 AM   #4
William O. Phillips
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8088
Wow! Nice install. That really helps give me some ideas. I also have an FM/CD with outdoor speakers to add. Hmmmmmmmm

Thanks much - Bill
Old 07-02-2008, 05:16 PM   #5
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
I have a 20 inch lcd that I had in our bedroom in the SOB last year, I didn't want to get rid of it since it was HD and it cost a lot at the time so I kept it. I had bought a swing arm mount for it and did some measuring in our BS basement and it fits perfectly on the rear wall of the curb side basement. It can tuck right behind the blackwater down pipe and I cover the screen with a padded cover I made. It is right over the electrical plug and the cable connection. The ice machine goes where jjackflash put his. But since the Big Sky comes with power and TV hookups in the basement I don't have to do any other wiring. As soon as we get the rig back I will post some pictures of that install.. Dave and Betsy
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 05:13 AM   #6
William O. Phillips
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8088
Thanks Dave - Please do, I would like to see them.

Bill