Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 09-09-2007, 03:08 PM   #1
srandall
Established Member

M.O.C. #7605
Hitch Question

My husband and I just bought a Montana 3075RL and a Chevy 2500 Duramax/Alison.

We are new to 5th wheeling and are having trouble deciding on what type of hitch.

All we keep seeing is the Air Ride is the best answer. Looks like at least another $3,000 for that. We have also been given the option to change to King Pin but do not want to do that as it is brand new but the cost would be a fraction

Any help would be appreciated

srandall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 03:16 PM   #2
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
srandall,

I have been very pleased with the service and reliability of the Superglide made by Pullrite. Great company and great hitch for short bed trucks. If you have a long bed, look into the Super 5th by Pullrite...Just my opinions...
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 03:38 PM   #3
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Many of us love AIR rides, air pin or air hitch.

If we had known THEN what we know NOW, we probably would have a air hitch NOW. We now have air pin, which will stay with the 5er should we ever decide to sell. The air hitch stays with you, you can move to a different truck, eh??? Cost, if you buy a couple of 5ers in 10 years, I dunno, you figure it out. New air pin every time. Pretty soon, ya might be even with initial cost of an air hitch. From what we hear, ride with air hitch is superior.

Our stand is, that we will NEVER pull a 5er again without one or 'tuther.

Enjoy that new rig!!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 03:49 PM   #4
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by srandall

My husband and I just bought a Montana 3075RL and a Chevy 2500 Duramax/Alison.

We are new to 5th wheeling and are having trouble deciding on what type of hitch.

All we keep seeing is the Air Ride is the best answer. Looks like at least another $3,000 for that. We have also been given the option to change to King Pin but do not want to do that as it is brand new but the cost would be a fraction

Any help would be appreciated
Go to www.trailersaver.com and check out that hitch. I paid $1700 for mine four years ago. I'm not sure what they cost now. Send an e-mail to aaron@hensleymfg.com Aaron Grahek is very knowledgeable and is easy to talk to. He will be more than happy to discuss the hitch, cost, installation, etc., whatever you want to know. Tell him Orv Schinke told you to contact him.

If you want to talk with me about it, send me a PM and I'll give you more information including my phone number. It's easier to talk with someone who owns one.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 04:24 PM   #5
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
We love our pullrite as we had to get out of a parking lot yesterday and we had it way past a 90 as i had a guy watching as we were 1" from the box but we got out as the lot was only 35 by 50 and hoew dis i get in i'll never know but we u turned it on the blk top .. lucky it was cool as we would have tore up the bk top as we didn't spend a dime in her store
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote