Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 08-16-2007, 04:55 AM   #1
therebnme
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4092
BEWARE !!!

BEWARE !
Since we are full-timing, we do all our banking online. I just received an email from Bank of America telling me there was a security issue with my log-in, and giving me a link to go to so that I could continue the verification process.
It didn't sound right to me, so I called B of A. They confirmed that this was a fraudulent request. All banks address you by name and have some indication of your account number.
Just wanted to remind everyone to be extra careful. I was glad I had just had my first cup of coffee, and was semi-awake.
Take care and safe travels

therebnme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 07:49 AM   #2
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
This seems to be a problem up here in Canada as well. I received the same email last week but in our case is had the appearance of being from our bank the Royal Bank of Canada with their genuine looking logos etc. So, these people are able to determine where we bank online, and customize their email so it appears genuine to us. Of course if I had received your Bank of America email it would have been immediately deleted, but this did get my attention for a second. Your post is a great reminder to all!
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 11:34 AM   #3
Bob & Lee
Montana Master

M.O.C. #718
I have received this from banks I dont have money in.
Bob & Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 12:22 PM   #4
Chuck and Carol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1011
I get them quite frequently. Plus one that says my paypal/e-bay accounts need to be updated. I e-mail the banks myself. I have a place to forward them to paypal/e-bay. People too lazy to work are lerking out their wanting your hard earned money.
Chuck and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 12:35 PM   #5
Ed Benson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1027
These reprobates spend alot of time making their information requests look legit! I've received them from banks, credit cards and ebay/paypal also - official looking stuff. But, as was said - all the financial institutions already have your info. I always forward the bogus requests to the fraud department of the institution - maybe can help them track the offenders.
Ed Benson is offline   Reply With Quote