Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 08-09-2007, 09:44 AM   #21
cmp-shooter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3928
As a truck driver I have spoken to "bus drivers" twice including being [me and wife] thrown out of a Prevost AFTER been invited in by one of the business types in the "BUS"...the driver said get out cause we didn't take off our shoes.NO ONE in there had there shoes off jerk,
so glad WHITE LION AIN'T A ROCK GROUP ANYMORE

THEY SEEM TO THINK THEY ARE BETTER THAN US
Now I won't speak to them at all and will look for a meat or freight hauler if I gotta get behind some one at a truck stop.

cmp-shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 10:36 AM   #22
traveltunes
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6877
I have at least four other Montana's in my park and not one of them has said hello or even acknowledged us. For the most part all the MH owners are great here. I had one today try to trade me his Volkswagon for my dog. It was a new one too and he was serious. I didn't trade my baby still. For the most part I can usually tell the types that don't want to talk to you. I just keep on walking and don't say anything else. I don't see any reason to be hateful to them just because they may be having a bad day. We all have them. Just don't go outside if you don't want to be social. That is the "RV Lifestyle". Good Times.If you want to know everybody and their business then I suggest moving your units to a (Mobile Home Park). The next time you see a MH or whatever make yourself useful by asking it they need any help. Who knows maybe the knidness will spread. I had a couple in a MH I recently shared my site with because of overbooking, give me a bottle of wine and some gifts from their online business. So I guess what I'm trying to say is that not all MH owners are %holes or arrogant. Be patient we don't want to work ourselves into a heart-attack do we? It is true that the "Best things come to those that wait." At least in my world. Did it ever occur that "Hey maybe it's me" might be in order.
traveltunes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 10:41 AM   #23
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Carol and Chuck.. I agree with everything you said.
There are people that are not nice just about everywhere.
But I think the nice people out number them.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 11:45 AM   #24
Eagle Man
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7430
My experience at truck stops is that nobody is more discourteous or inconsiderate than the truckers. I try to avoid all the big truck stops and find a mom and pop operation, it's a much more pleasant refueling experience.
Eagle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 12:56 PM   #25
ken
Montana Master

M.O.C. #345
Glenn
I promise not to hog the fuel lines when we fill up the motorhome. And I do still have the 45 gal tank that will fit your truck. I have run into the same problems at the pumps and you wonder what people are thinking. Once were filled and the fuel paid for, were out of there.
ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 01:32 PM   #26
Old GI
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4308
My Dad used to say "There are more horses axxes than there are horses"
Old GI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 04:07 PM   #27
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
My philosophy is simple, smother them with KINDNESS, doesn't matter a bit to me whether they receive it or not, all that matters is myself and the one that really matters (no......not DW either) know that I have done what I should! Life is too short and way too enjoyable to let anybody have a negative impact. I have had people next to me who would not speak when spoken to, but every time I saw them, I still spoke.....sooner or later maybe we can have an impact at melting cold hearts.....at least I hope so.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 07:19 PM   #28
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
I have meet those kind of rude people, and not all were in the big A's either it makes a person seem to get some times. maybe there having marital or cranky wife problems and want to share it with you.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:23 PM   #29
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
Hey Glenn, Where are you at? We are at Mountain Meadow CG in Hungry Horse site 14. If you're in the area stop in and say HI. We are here until monday the 13th. Then we're heading to Yellowstone too. We have res. at Fishing Bridge.

Sharon & Dennis
tbhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 01:34 AM   #30
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by tbhd

Hey Glenn, Where are you at? We are at Mountain Meadow CG in Hungry Horse site 14. If you're in the area stop in and say HI. We are here until monday the 13th. Then we're heading to Yellowstone too. We have res. at Fishing Bridge.

Sharon & Dennis
We are at San-Suz-Ed RV on Rte 2 just south of the wet entrance at West Glacier.
You are about 6 miles south of us. We gotta get together. I will send you an Email with my cell #.
We are also leaving Monday and as usual we haven't made any reservations for Yellowstone as yet. Tell me more about Fishing Bridge.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 02:59 AM   #31
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
This is a late response--I haven't been following this thread closely, but I can't resist adding this:

I appreciate, wholeheartedly, the post of Bingo above.

I may not always be able to achieve it perfectly, but I know that it is the best response to the lack of courtesy or lack of thoughtfulness in others.

padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 03:43 AM   #32
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Well, now we can all go out and NOT be like the people whom we detest so badly. The world will be a better place.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 03:44 AM   #33
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
I want to clarify, After nearly 4 years of full timing I do know that not all MH folks are jerks. I have run across many 5ers, TT and tenters that are just as bad BUT on average I find more MH people, espeicially the class A folks, that just don't get it. Many feel that just because they spent 3 to 4 times, and much much more, for their rigs than what I paid for my Monty and TV together that that some how gives them the right to be snobs and do as they darn well please regardless of who they inconvenience and it doesn't much matter whether you are in a trailer or another class A.
Yes I have met class A folks that are friendly enough when you meet face to face in the campgrounds but that doesn't change the fact that many are jerks on the road and even at the fuel pumps.
Right now there is a Titanium 5er right next to me. Struck up a pleasant conversation before we were even set up. On the other side is a Holiday Rambler Class A. The guy has hardly said a word. Even when I said "good afternoon" it seemed like a chore for him to respond back. He also has a small dog that barks constantly whenever the couple go outside and they do nothing about it. If the barking continues today I will be paying a visit to the office. Believe it or not they are from Florida too so we do have something in common. The 5er is from Alberta.

Yes, there are good and bad in all RVers but In my Opinion there are more bad Class Aers than the rest of the RVers put together.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 06:41 AM   #34
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
Glenn & Lorraine

Sent you a e-mail.

Sharon
tbhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 11:19 AM   #35
cmp-shooter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3928
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Eagle Man

My experience at truck stops is that nobody is more discourteous or inconsiderate than the truckers. I try to avoid all the big truck stops and find a mom and pop operation, it's a much more pleasant refueling experience.

Is it "discourteous" and "inconsiderate" or
"working with no time for small talk"
I think this only has to do with we truckers are in a hurry to go home and you are not.

cmp-shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 05:05 PM   #36
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
GLENN you said it all as i have 2 very good friends but the 1 wife asked us to a outing and we were all planing to go but in the middle he says ,, they can't come , she says why , he says they arent good enough to be in the club as they are trailer trash , all i said was u y a been done but she is a nice lady but he was trading up 1 yr for the same unit for only 236,000.00 i said you are nuts , he was a good friend but its gone as i am trailer trash as i have 5er but she wants a 5er just like ours but he won't back down his loss
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 05:18 PM   #37
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
About 4 years ago, Sue and I bought a 22' travel trailer, I tore it apart and rebuilt it to our liking and we traveled with it just to see if we would like the life style. We went to Branson, Compton Ridge as a matter of fact. Our site was next to the laundry, so we met people who came there and talked. One couple invited us for dinner, they were nice, so we went. They had a very nice large class "A", we had steaks, fried 'taters and tea. Really nice folks from New York. We looked like we were on a very low budget, but they did not judge us, just nice folks.
On our 8,000 mile trip through the Desert South West, we met and socialized with many class "A" folks, especially at Baudry, in Tucson, and Lake Havasu Arizona. I have to say, I haven't met a bad one yet, just folks like the rest of us. We have been lucky.
It's just like anything else, good people, quiet people, absent minded people, unfriendly and friendly people, we will meet them all on the road.......ain't it great?
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 09:07 AM   #38
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Quote:
quote:I have to say, I haven't met a bad one yet, just folks like the rest of us. We have been lucky.
It's just like anything else, good people, quiet people, absent minded people, unfriendly and friendly people, we will meet them all on the road.......ain't it great?
Ozz, I couldn't have said it better myself. You are right!
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 10:10 AM   #39
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Ozz

This IS the best reply without a doubt.
Hit the nail on the head.
Way to think Ozz!
We love ya!

Wifeofdano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 03:17 PM   #40
dersequim
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #549
A CG is a microcosim of this wonderful country we live in. Many of us look back to the time we had our 2 children and a 17' TT. People were friendlier then, we met many because of the children. Even then both as a RV'er and Boater, 24' Cabincruiser, we met the REAL PEOPLE and those who thought, "GOD put those other people on EARTH to REVEAR and SERVE US". It could be their SELFSERVING Parents or some miss-guided opinion of THEMSELVES! But think of this, "THEY missed out on meeting alot of WONDERFUL PEOPLE". I FEEL SORRY for THEM!
dersequim is offline   Reply With Quote