Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 06-24-2007, 02:06 AM   #1
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
4 Montanas plus 1.........

The CG we are currently in has 4 Montanas, counting ours, in it. Now considering there are only about a dozen RVs here, 4 Montys comprise 25% of the rigs.
There is a 2002 2955RL, a 2004 3255RL, a 2006 3475RL and our 3485SA. Of the 3 other Monty owners, one I have not yet met and the other 2 had never heard of the MOC. The 3475RL doesn't have his puter here but will check us out when he gets home.
The 3255RL has absolutely no interest in the MOC. When I suggested getting on the MOC his question was "Why?" I tried to explain the benefits of the MOC but he still just didn't care. Oh well his loss.
Now here comes the good part, An RVer visiting a Class A next door stopped by and asked how I liked my Monty. Of course I said "I love it". He than indicated that he lived in Syracuse and he had a Montana at home and he and his wife love it as well. Turns out he bought his Monty from the same Meyer's RV that I bought my old 2955. I asked him his thoughts on Meyer's and his reaction was identical to mine. He would not deal with them again.
Anyway when I asked him about the MOC, he never heard of us but he liked the idea. I gave him my card and he said he would be joining as soon as he gets home.

Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 02:26 AM   #2
Chuck and Carol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1011
You must stop in and check out Meyer's again. We got ours there and they couldn't have done enough for us. Trading a Class A in like we did we knew we'd lose big time, but they gave us a deal we felt was more than fair.
Service is now run by a woman. Yippee !!!!!! Now there's communication between the women who also use these units. Not that patronizing attitude. She personally measured our steps and was the one that noticed "all" were wrong. I just had noticed the bottom step.
Now the Camping World in there is another story. They are snotty. I have one favorite salesperson, again a woman. Men have just got to wake up and realize us women carry a lot of weight. No pun intended
Chuck and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 05:15 AM   #3
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Strange Glenn but most of the Montana owners we meet along the way also have no interest in joining the forum and we rarely let one get by without a chat and issuing a MOC card. I think that if they looked at the forum it would be a different story but most see it as sort of "spam mail" and " what will this cost me" and no one does something for nothing" and thy will not bother to take a look..to bad as this is such a valuable resource. We are members of RV open roads net and although you can pick out worthwhile info there and it gives insight into other brands and the problems they have..it does not compare to the MOC.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 06:02 AM   #4
BirdingRVer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5740
I tell every Montana owner I come across about MOC, I have had a few say they would look into it and no one has come out and said "No way!". I think those of us who are always on the Internet and can barely make it through the day with out a MOC fix don't realize that the majority of people either don't use the Internet or just use it for email. I also think that Rich's comments about "SPAM mail" and "what is it going to cost me", are typical. No one expects to get anything useful for free any more and everyone is afraid of getting even more SPAM than they already do.

I am sure glad I found MOC 6 months before I bought my first 5th wheel and I am most appreciative of all of the things I have learned from all of you.

BirdingRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 06:57 AM   #5
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Glenn,

I agree there are many people that have no desire to do anything that has anything to do with computers. We both retired from that field, and know first hand how even Federal Judges won't look at some digital information.

Maybe a new approach. We save money with our computer. We use it for gas prices, cheaper RV parks, boondocking locations, mileage savings, maps, communication, scheduling etc. etc. This is the single most valuable tool in our arsenal.

Our biggest problem is that we are so dependent on the internet. We've tried to cut-down, but then that money and convenience thing keeps getting mixed up in the equation.
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 08:32 AM   #6
Cat320
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5751
Lots of folks look at these forums from a negative perspective...all forums, not just ours. I asked my sales guy if he had heard of MOC, he said that he had heard of it, but did not see any real benefit.

I've given up trying to convince folks about the benefits, most are not interested and don't believe you anyway.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 08:46 AM   #7
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Cat320

I've given up trying to convince folks about the benefits, most are not interested and don't believe you anyway.
Cat320, it is nice to have the high numbers of people on this forum, but in some cases, it is best to just let them continue to be ignorant. I feel that by offering the information and experience to people, I am doing them a service. They don't have to accept it, but then, knowledge just isn't for everyone.

Like my genius son once told me, Dad, 70% of people are below average, intellectually.

The jury is still out on that one, but I am leaning toward believing he has a legitimate point!
Old 06-25-2007, 03:20 PM   #8
JimF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6260
Send a message via ICQ to JimF Send a message via AIM to JimF Send a message via Yahoo to JimF
On this trip, since March 16th, we have met Monty owners from Texas to Boston and only met other MOC members at the factory. Of the 4 Monties that day 3 were MOC's and one wanted no part of it. In our current camp there are 3 Monties, the other folks said they "may" check it out, saying it to be polite.

One thing they have all had in common (the Monty owners we have met) all love their rigs. Several were on their 2d or 3d and wouldn't have anything else, but have had SOB in the past. Oh, they have all been nice folks too!!

Still having fun and seeing the sights in the cradle of the revolution. We are camped between Lexington and Concord.
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 04:40 PM   #9
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
When I tell people about the MOC, I don't even mention the forum or the internet at first. I tell them it is a club. Talk a bit and feel them out, tell them about the rallys and the great people, etc. Then I tell them their is also this great forum. You will notice that many of our members do not post hardly at all. Some never. They read but that is all they want to do. And lots and lots of people do not have comupters. It is hard for us computer addicts to accept but that is the truth.
Happy trails..........................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 04:17 AM   #10
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
I tell all Montana owners about the MOC. Some have had trouble logging onto the MOC forum. I don't know why. But that is what they tell me.
Only had one that was not interested in anything about Montana. They had a Montana in an RV park we were staying. I went to talk to them and they ran into their Monty. Later I knocked on their door and they opened it about 2 inches to talk to me. They seem to be afraid of something. They did take my card but treated it like it had germs on it.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 09:22 AM   #11
RRman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7196
I joined MOC because I think I might buy one and got great answers to many questions I had. I still think I will buy one, just need to find the right one!

Its a great forum and I check in every few days.
RRman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 10:22 AM   #12
Snownyet
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6077
Bought our rig from Meyers RV in Buffalo, not a single complaint from me. They spend as much time with the PDI as I wanted and did anything I asked without even a funny look.
Snownyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 11:32 AM   #13
Army Guy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5508
I also talk to any montana owners I see and let them know about the forum. I tell them about all the q&a that is posted and its a great resource to use. So far, I've had nothing but positive feed back from the few I've talked with. I do agree with Rich that 'Spam' and such is probally a big turn off for most who don't use a computer that much. Their loss.
Army Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 03:42 PM   #14
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Army Guy
I do agree with Rich that 'Spam' and such is probally a big turn off for most who don't use a computer that much. Their loss.
My point exactly. For those that don't use a computer much, spam, spyware, and viruses are a problem. I am fully protected through firewalls, anti-spyware, anti-virus progarams, .....kinda like good sex, you need protection to enjoy to the fullest!
Old 07-03-2007, 03:14 AM   #15
tom41
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6363
I joined MOC,s last september 2006, while I still had my diesel pusher. I was looking at fivers and trucks. I had lived in Chattanooga tn since 69 and one of the biggest Montana dealer was in chattanooga and in the area. He now has 3 different montana dealerships. Everyone in the area buys from this dealer and so that is where I went. I ask him if he knew about MOCs he said no. I told him about it and he said he would check it out. I listen to all you guys here and knew some of the things to look for in a montana, and with everyones info I decided on the monty I wanted and found one Nancy and I fell in love with. Bought it, bought the truck. I am very glad to be a member of MOCs, some here were a tremendous help to me when I came a member, Glenn for one, Dave (montana sky) and several others. I may not agree with everything on here, and I'm sure some of my posts are not met with agreement. But thats what its all about, this great forum of ours. To me its like "sitting'" around a campfire discussing trucks, campgrounds and etc. I have met many montana owners since last oct, and only 2 were moc's, some I talked to didnt get on puters much. but 2 has joined when I showed them on my puter what it was all about. they dont post much, but i keep in touch and they do read all the posts. Of course not every one talks or "type' as much as me lol, anyways this is a great bunch of people here! my finger is tired so will go outside and talk to my fellow campers hehe!
tom41 is offline   Reply With Quote