Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 06-02-2007, 12:51 PM   #21
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Hey you two, I have a bunch of friends that are staying at Elharrt Campgrounds. Our friends Smokey and Pam are there with their Peterbilt. You met them at the rally last fall when they demo'd the Dry Wash and Nick Russell and his wife Terry are there in their Bus conversion. They are the ones that publish the Gypsy Journal. Go over and say hi. You would have a great time with them. They are so much fun. Smokey and Pam are there for the summer working the flee market. In fact, I'll wager that you will want to stay longer after meeting them.

Helen

adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 01:09 PM   #22
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
The last time we saw you, Steve, you were happily pulling out of Camp Keystone just ahead of us. I think you were going to finalize this sale because the night before you said that, if they called meeting your conditions, you were taking it. That was May 24, too long ago. We wish you nothing but the best from here on. - Jim
boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 04:24 PM   #23
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Gee, Helen, are they at the Fairgrounds? Right now we're inundated with Landmarks and Big Horns having a rally. There are three Montanas within four sites and it just happens all three are MOC members and we recognized each other. Mobilrvn is on our left and Ken and Velda are two sites to our right. We've enjoyed our visits with them both, although it's been pretty brief with everything going on.

Jim, that was way too long ago! It seems like an eternity. We finalized the next day. Well, we agreed to terms and signed papers. I don't consider it final until the truck is my hot little hands and has passed final inspection.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 02:29 AM   #24
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
No, They are at the Elkhart Campgrounds in Elkhart. There are several Escapee's staying there right now. All of them are great people and good friends. Nice Campground too.

Smokey and Pam will be there all summer while the rest come and go.

Helen

Old 06-03-2007, 06:48 AM   #25
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I know where that is. That's the first rv park in the area we ever stayed in. If all goes per schedule, meaning the truck is ready by the currently estimated date, then we're going to be very busy getting ready to get out of here. If we get further delayed maybe we can get up to visit them. At the moment, however, it is pouring down rain.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:26 AM   #26
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
If any of you were taking bets ... it's STILL not ready! Now they're telling us tomorrow morning. If you smell somthing burning ... that's me.
vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 09:54 AM   #27
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Gosh Steve and Vicki

Ya sure they did not have to go to the steel mill and run some product to build ya a truck??

Dang, total bummer~!!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 11:11 AM   #28
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
One step closer but not there yet. The dealer is to get the truck back from Dually Depot about closing time. Tomorrow morning they will do the latest flash and detail the truck. I am going to the dealer tomorrow morning to camp out until it's done. I want to be there when it is ready. We have so much to do tomorrow to be ready to pull out the following morning. I'll have to put another 150 or so miles on it tomorrow to hit that 500 mile mark. Then come home and air up tires, hitch up to see if I need to adjust the hitch, load it up, etc. I guess we'll just put our boxes of junk in the back seat and sort it all out at our overnight stops enroute. Here's hoping the dealer really does get it back this afternoon...
Old 06-04-2007, 12:19 PM   #29
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Steve,

Quality takes just a bit longer. Welcome to the superior truck club.
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 12:32 PM   #30
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
You two are bring back memories for us. The day that we went full time is the day we got our new truck. We had the Monty sitting at the Ford lot with everything from our trade in on the ground waiting for ours to come back from getting the hitch put on. Everybody on the sales floor were there to help us put the bed rails back on and load everything back in. We finally took off on our first day at 5:30 at night. We went 75 miles and stopped for the night. We were exhausted but on our way. We did not put 500 miles on before towing. In fact we only had about 150 miles but the Ford Dealers told us to go ahead and it would not be a problem. That was 60,000 miles and two years ago and they were right. No problems at all. I still remember the stress though while we were trying to get outta here. I wish you guys the same good luck with your new truck.

Helen
Old 06-04-2007, 12:48 PM   #31
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Well, shucks. The dealer apparently didn't get up to Dually Depot before they closed. I guess that's the problem anyhow. Now they'll have to go get it in the morning. So we have once again adjusted our plans by one more day. Called our reservations and changed them. Again. The first one I called I said "I need to change our reservation yet again" and the lady laughed and said "This must be Mr. Reigle."
Old 06-04-2007, 03:08 PM   #32
virgil47
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3846
Been following the new truck saga for a couple days and have been laughing but after today's post, you got sympathy. Man, this situation is beginning to be intolerable.
virgil47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 03:19 PM   #33
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Virgil, I'm trying real hard to laugh! I know I will look back at this and know I have a campfire story to tell. Kinda like the Walmart sagas HamRad, OntMont, and RC and Samantha may recall from the first Goshen rally. It's funny now but wasn't then. Anyhow, tomorrow morning I'm heading for the dealer (about 19 miles) and I'm going to camp out there until the truck gets there. I want to make sure the dealer gets it there early and knows I'm there (they know I'm coming in early). I don't want it sitting idle while they work on something else. They are going to apply the latest flash, detail the truck, fill it with diesel, then hand me the keys. Tomorrow is day 11. Surely it's the last one!

Life will go on...
Old 06-05-2007, 12:44 PM   #34
vickster
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1165
Welllllll, it's Tuesday the fifth-----did you, did you take possession?????
vickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 02:08 PM   #35
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
As we speak, Steve is out putting miles on the truck so we can tow with it ... I think he said he'll need to put about 100-130 miles on it. THEN ... he'll take it our salesman's home here in Goshen so that he can take it to the dealership for the flash thingy Steve mentioned above and get it detailed. Our salesman has been on the phone off and on all day with Dually Depot (the place where the Rhino liner was sprayed on and the toolbox and hitch were installed) and went to pick it up ... and today is his day off. However, Dually Depot didn't release the truck until about 5pm today!

We are convinced that, for whatever reason, Dually Depot either didn't finish it or they messed something up and they've been stalling for 3 days to either fix it or finish it. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ... extremely frustrating.
Old 06-05-2007, 02:19 PM   #36
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
We are so glad that you can get back to your life now. Carol says that she was frustrated for you.
boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 04:00 PM   #37
ken
Montana Master

M.O.C. #345
Gongraduations for finally getting the truck. If we had known that it was going to take that long, we would have stayed a bit longer. The rain stayed behind us all the way to VA. Keep our invitation in mind when you come this way Steve. Take care Vicki
ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 05:31 AM   #38
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
IT'S HERE!!!
Old 06-06-2007, 06:22 AM   #39
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20

Old 06-06-2007, 06:23 AM   #40
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Ken, we are honored and certainly will keep your invitation in mind. Thank you very much.