Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 05-09-2008, 05:56 PM   #21
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
I was in Oki from Aug 79 through Aug 82 on an accompanied tour.

When you were diving in Oki, I was diving in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, with the Reef Raiders, and was an assistant instructor with PADI. I let the AI drop when I returned to the States, but kept my Dive Master rating. I haven't been diving for a long, long time and anyhow would recommend to myself and others to take a refresher course in a new area of diving.

Trust us! You will not regret purchasing the Oxygenics shower head. That little trickle of water you presently get out of your shower head will increase more than double.

By the way, don't fret about being in the AF, after all, we all make mistakes in our lives.

Edited: Ouch! Did I say that.
Thank you for serving.

Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 02:28 AM   #22
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Rondo

Not to be off the subject but Wayne and John-- when were you in Okinawa? I wasn't in the MC but the Air Force and was stationed at Kadena from '70-71. We had quite a few Marines in our The Reef Rovers (a dive club on base) and just may have known you and didn't recognize the names. LOL
Wayne and ther rest of you have now got my interest aroused and I'm going to have to go out and get a new shower head just to be in the "IN CROWD"! LOL
I was there 79 to 80. My assignment was unaccompanied. I did some snorkeling on Guam 72 to 74 and swimming in the Med from Cyprus 70 to 72 but never got into scuba. We all poke fun but when the brown stuff hits the fan all the services come together.
Semper Fi,
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 03:10 AM   #23
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We purchased on of those shower heads from C.W. It lasted less than a year,it would not shut off,,,,
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 03:21 AM   #24
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
This is from the Oxygenics FAQ page on their website.
-----------------------------

"Q: Does the Oxygenics® SkinCare™ Shower have a shut off valve?

A: No, some of our models have flow control valves, which can adjust the flow, but none of the showerheads shut off completely. There is actually a risk of being burned from showerheads that have shut off valves. When the water backs up in the pipes, the hot water moves to the front of the head, and you can be scalded when you resume showering."
------------------------------
Old 05-10-2008, 05:32 AM   #25
GregN
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6790
I can see the avantage of the shower head uses less water which is good. Hot water heater does not run out of water and if doondocking saves on water usage. Oxygen for the skin is good, but if you have time,do this little test. What really does the skin good is no chorline in the water. Many of us have filters on our rigs to solve this problem. To see just how much chorline is in your water, either at home or on the road, here is the test. Take a glass of your non filtered tap water and fill it with about an onuce of water. Now if you if you have a swimming pool you might have this on hand. Take the bottle from the chemical test kit for checking level of chorline in the pool. Should be the yellow top vial. Now start dropping drops into the glass, the water will start to turn yellow, indicating chorline in the water. Now comes the shocker. Empty the glass and rinse. Put the same amount of water back in the glass. Now put the water in your mouth, don't swallow, just swish around and spit it back in the glass. Should only need to be in your mouth a couple of seconds. Now take the yellow topped bottle and drop some drops in the glass....as you will see the water does not change color. This is how fast chorline gets into your body. If you have never uses a shower filter, you will notice a big difference in your skin. Not trying to sell a filter, just letting you in on information I have found out. Good party trick also.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:42 AM   #26
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Wayne, we have the stock shower head on our Big Sky and when you turn it off while taking a shower it does just the opposite, when you turn it back on you get COLD water and I have banged into the shower wall several times trying to avoid that blast of ice water. No idea why it gets cold but that is what ours does. Dave
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 06:43 AM   #27
Snownyet
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6077
Hot water at the head? Like was posted already ours is the opposite, and we do not have the original shower head. Even shut off for 10 seconds when its tuned back on you get an real cold blast.
Snownyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 10:33 AM   #28
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Mine shifts to Cold too. I bet if we were able to measure the pressure of the cold and hot we would find Cold is stronger than Hot.
I claimed I would not take a cold shower since Viet Nam.
Cheers,
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 03:20 PM   #29
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
I get the same - blast of cold - and like John, don't care for cold water showers.

Now, Last evening was the first time that I used the Oxygenics shower head. But, since I was going to empty in the morning, I just let it run.

Now here is the technical kicker. DW took her shower. She complained that the pressure was to much. So, technically, I told her how to solve that problem. Men, you kno what's coming!!! I told her there was a technical solution to that and it was to only turn the water on a little bit.

Expletive not printable on this forum!!

Old 05-13-2008, 12:43 PM   #30
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
I installed the Oxygenics shower head last February and we love it. I bought a wall holder for it at Lowe's, because so many reviewers on the Camping World site said the their RV shower head holders wouldn't accommodate the Oxygenics head. However, the holder in our 3585 works fine with it.

What an improvement! By the way, I caught a great sale at Camping World AND got free shipping. What a deal!

Carolyn
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 03:56 PM   #31
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Carolyn,
I have been looking all over for a wall holder with no luck at all. Lowe's, Home Depot, et. al, with no luck.
Old 05-13-2008, 03:58 PM   #32
Icehouse
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7893
Wayne, we got ours at Home Depot. Maybe Lowe's. Hmmm. It was on an end cap. Black holder with a "chrome" cover. Works great. Do you want me to get you one next time I'm in Anchorage???
Tammy
Icehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 02:41 AM   #33
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Waynem--Have you found the hanger yet? (Sorry, I didn't come back to check out this thread until this morning.)

I found the correct part at Lowe's, even though the showerhead is working fine with the OEM. When I ordered the head, I read through a lot of the user reviews on the Camping World site, and that's where I found the part number and other info posted. Several reviews specificially mentioned what it was, so if you haven't found one yet, I'm sure you can get that info by scanning some of those same reviews on the web page that also details the Oxygenics.

If I could get to the one I bought and didn't use, I'd be glad to send it on to you. But at the moment, it's buried somewhere in one of our four storerooms in town. Let me know if you ever found one because we have started moving in the new house now, so I know I'll come across that "Stuff from the RV" box eventually.
Carolyn
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote