Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 12-19-2007, 02:42 PM   #1
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
Fresh Start?

Out of curiosity how many people have ever just picked up whatever they could pack and pick a direction to take off? I am not talking a weekend trip. I mean pack those few items you can never imagine living without and just driving off from your old job, house or whatever.

After our company sold this year its not the greatest place to work. I have had to sit with sick family members which I don't regret or mind doing one bit. I just feel this huge need to move and regenerate myself. New people, places and career. Some place sunny where they have no ice damage, tornados or massive wild fires. A place that is sunny and 75 degrees year round.

I don't want anyone to think I am looking for pitty. Rather, know that I am well aware of how blessed I am. I have a new Montana, new truck, nice home with a few acres, a job most people would give their left arm for, great pets and a family I wouldn't trade for anything in the world. I just feel antsy right now.
Midlife Crisis? Maybe.

Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 03:15 PM   #2
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
That is exactly what we did. It is called fulltiming. Sold the house, loaded the Montana, and hit the road. Well, almost. We got interrupted by an exciting two years in China. As soon as we returned to the States, we resumed our quest for where ever.

One little difference though. We are over 65, not 33, but the wanderlust is the same.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 03:15 PM   #3
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
Okie, I know the feeling well. Last winter, we were going to head to Texas for a few months and then to Mt. Rushmore. I retired and then had some medical problems that kept me tied up at home until late March. The snow was going fast and I was antsy too. Our daughter was heading with her family to Florida for a vacation late April, early May. We just wandered to there taking our time and enjoying the slow pace. We were sideswiped by a semi and ruined a slideout cover when heading south near Cincinnati. When in Florida, Glenn and Lorraine talked us into attending the Branson Rally while on our way to Mt. Rushmore. While at Branson we met many fellow MOC members and discovered that they are even greater in person than on this forum. Some of them even replaced the cover for us. We then meandered north to just north of Kansas City and the converter misfired, burning out some of our appliances. We called Team Montana and they asked if we could come to the factory. We then went to Goshen where the rig was gone through and very well taken care of. By this time, it was getting warmer in the South Dakota area so we came on back to Michigan instead of Mt. Rushmore. The purpose of this ramble is to say that we really had no set itinerary when we started out and no set time to return. I have always had a very structured life style so this impromptu journey was very liberating - drive a maximum of four hours and stay a night or a week. Antsy is not bad and we both know that you are just exploring the possibilities. If you can possibly do it, God bless You and just do it. - Jim
boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote