Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 10-28-2007, 04:09 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
let’s go downtown!

It’s 72 degrees out, Sunny, low humidity, so why not???
Beautiful, friendly San Antonio Texas has to be one of the top friendly, safe cities in the nation.
We love going downtown here, yesterday we went shopping for some new T-Shirts. A tourist town has no shortage of T-shirt shops, but I wanted a really nice one, so we dropped in at the Hard Rock Café. You want T-shirts, they have T-shirts! We picked out one for me, Sue passed on the selection. We wandered down the street when I saw Coyote Ugly, the bar they made a movie about. Actually, we heard it before we saw it, pretty loud music. I hoped it would be quieter well inside the entry…it wasn’t. It was dangerously loud. We backed out, I told Sue I wanted to keep what little hearing I had left. No T-Shirt form there….
We walked around a corner onto Houston street, quieter, pleasant music greeted us, we had stumbled on a street fair!
As we got closer, we smelled all the various food cooking, the Mesquite smoked shrimp and Kabobs, cooking corn, the funnel cakes, yum yum….
The funnel cakes were cooked in Peanut oil, and they had a big scoop of Strawberries on it, just looked irresistible…..we resisted. I did succumb to the smoked sausage on a tortilla shell, super tasty. We visited the beer vendor as well.
There were so many vendors with jewelry, pottery, art, we bought a kitty coat from one vendor, our Rowdy is always cold, we have yet to introduce him to his new Texas Longhorn coat.
A new band started playing, it was a family. Mom and Dad, a pretty 15 year old girl was playing the guitar and singing, her 21 year old brother also on the guitar. We sat and listened to them for the 45 minutes or so they played, we will see them become famous if there is any justice in the world.
Here are a few pictures, enjoy the fair!

http://s112.photobucket.com/albums/n...ntown/?start=0

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 04:56 AM   #2
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
We really enjoying eating the Mexican food in the open air restaurants, that is, until the youngest son, probably 8 or 9 at the time, pointed out the lack of any stray dogs in the area. That burrito was not near so tasty then. Reminds me of La Fagoto's in Progresso. They roast those goats over the coals there. Well, I give the pup a bath in the shower, and when I roll him over on his back, he stretches out and looks just like one of those goats on the skewers. No goat for this old boy. (I have eaten goat when younger, but don't care for it.)
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 05:02 AM   #3
capn chris
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2586
Send a message via AIM to capn chris Send a message via Yahoo to capn chris
Maybe the campfire smoke the other night was the shrimp guy (mesquite grilled) practicing??? Looked like a fun time. Had a similar experience in Beaufort, SC (Taste of Beaufort) a few years ago. Great food and cold ones!!!
capn chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 03:38 PM   #4
mfoss
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2923
Makes me want to stop in San Antonio even more! Sure hope we can do so this year! Thanks for sharing the pics.
mfoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 09:14 PM   #5
lwcdg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4726
Ozz, nice shots. Looks like a fun time and real easy going place. It should be a requirement for any rv trip, a place where are the stress and troubles just melt away in a few minutes. Now for the rest of the trip it can only continue to be Grand.
Looking forward to more posts from you. Thanks for this one it even helps reading it on the web.
Chuck
lwcdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 02:09 AM   #6
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Chuck thank you, that was very nice.
Sue and I used to see how fast we could arrive at our final destination, we woke up and found that we were speeding by some really nice places. Now we stop at a few cities on the way and enjoy them.
Us travelers are always fine tuning our program.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote