Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 08-18-2007, 05:39 PM   #41
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Glenn and Lorraine

In the past I have noticed that when ever I pull up to the RV pumps at a Flying J there always seems to be a Motor Home (usually a class A) sitting at the pumps. The last 2 times we pulled minto into a FJ and there was a MH at the RV pumps.
The first time I saw the driver go into the store. I assumed to pay for his fuel. After some 10 minutes he finally returned and he had 2 shopping bags in hand. He must have had to put it all away in the MH as it took nearly 10 more minutes to finally pull away from the pump.
The second time we pulled in behind an MH the nozzle was in the fuel neck of the MH. The driver was no where to be found. After waiting I got out of my TV and started talking to the TT driver at the next pump. He indicated the MH driver was inside his MH. You could actually see him and his wife sitting in there eating. The TT driver said he was in there since he pulled up to the pump. I approached him and was told he was fueling up and would be out when the pump had stopped. Trouble was the TT driver said the pumped had stopped awhile ago. The MH driver did finally come out all kinds of apologetic but still took another 5 minutes topping off the tank and than took his good old time pulling away.
Just yesterday we pulled into a campground in Washington. Once we were given our site number I proceeded around to my site. as I came down the driveway I noticed a car sitting in the middle of the drive. The car was an unhooked toad and the driver had pulled his class A into the site immediately to my right. I was totally blocked from pulling into my site. Lorraine asked the MH driver to move his toad and his response was "in a minute". The "A" hole was hooking up his sewer, water and electric while his toad still set in the middle of the driveway. Just as I started to get out of the TV he jumped in the toad and pulled in behind his MH. I was not a happy camper but Lorraine told me to just leave it alone as no matter what I said he will never change his ways.

Now I do realize that the MH drivers don't have this arrogant attitude all to themselves as I have witnessed some 5er and TT drivers do the same type thing but on average I say the MH drivers got nearly 70% of this type arrogance.
I guess when you put out that kind of bucks for an overpriced bus it just gives you certain rights we trailer people haven't earned.

OK I got that one off my chest. At least until I pull into another FJ.
Now you know why I don't often patronize the Flying J's, Glenn. I have spent far too much time in line at the only RV lane, or sometimes they have two. When we do go to a Flying J, if the Rv pump has a line we go to the truck lanes.

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 03:54 AM   #42
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Steve we do the same, go to the truck lane. Got tired a long time ago of waiting on everything from motor homes to diesels pulling trailers and 5th wheels, taking their time. Or going to shop while we wait. Or leave to eat inside the restaurant.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 06:31 AM   #43
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
The last time we were in a FlyingJ, there was a "Smart Car" (3 cylinder diesel) filling up at the RV pump. Fortunately, it does not take long to fill a Smart Car.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 12:39 PM   #44
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
I hadn't really paid any attention to this until the other day in the same campground was a 55,000 lb motorhome owned by a snooty guy who retired recently from the same company I retired from in 1990. This guy wouldn't give me the time of day and I was the one who tried to strike up a conversation with him. Since he used to work at the same place as I did I felt we might have something in common. All he would talk about was hi 45 ft, 55,000 lb motor home. He also had two cars! We went to a CG meeting and he was there and all he did was complain about the fact that the CG wasn't really built to handle rigs like his. I wanted to smack him but controlled myself. Yes, as Glenn said, there are a lot of people out there like this guy but for every one like him there are probably 100 good ones.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote