Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 08-05-2007, 12:49 PM   #1
vickster
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1165
The big "O" ........

While driving to town last week, my darling hubby excitingly says, "Did you see that?" Before I could ask "what that", we are doing a uiey and I am adjusting my head from whiplash. For you see, I was looking out the opposite window at the huge rummage sale here sign.

Turning into the Ford dealer lot with Ron drooling at the mouth, he once again spits out "THAT". "What THAT" I exclaim, "for there is a lot full of THAT's." Waiving pointed finger he yells, "THAT BLACK TRUCK". Squealing to a halt and simultaneously jumping out of our van with panting breath and glassy eyes, I just knew NEW truck fever had set in! Before you know it, we owned it!

Ronald now has a new toy, a 2008 F450, off road 4x4 with all the bells and whistles except for in dash navigation system. This is one BIG, BAD truck. This truck is soooooo big, it just barely makes it into the garage. This truck is soooooo big, parked along side my car, makes my Camry look like a toy.

Looks like we will now have to resume our negotiations for a Big Sky, cause our little ol' 2980 will look like a little baby being dragged behind her big new pappa!

So, why is it that you big boys just have to have your big toys???? Ron tells me it is a "guy thing" -- what ever a "guy thing" is.....

vickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 02:37 PM   #2
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Congratulations, Ron. Vicster, you have my condolences.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 02:49 PM   #3
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Congratulations and we hope you have many trouble free miles with it.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 03:04 PM   #4
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Ron and Vickster -
Congratulations on the new truck. We live just north of you in Mukwonago. If you get a chance, PM me with your contact info. Perhaps we can share Montana stories. We are thinking of a new truck and trailer in the next year. Glad to hear others are also keeping the economy running.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 04:20 PM   #5
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Love the story Vickster!!

Been there, and I'm sure it is a pretty accurate account of what happened, including standing on his tongue looking in the window.

Enjoy that new tow motor!
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 05:51 PM   #6
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Vicki, we can feel your excitement! Wow, what a spontaneous purchase. Now there's no limit to what you can haul back from Mexico. Have fun!
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 06:06 PM   #7
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
Woo Hoo!! I, too, love new trucks!! Congratulations!
bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 06:53 PM   #8
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Enjoy the truck. We really like ours. Of course I think we're ready for one of the new ones. I'll be watching to see how the new engine works out.

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 02:07 PM   #9
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Vic,
Now wouldn't it be nice to SHOW OFF that brand new 2008 F450 at the fall rally????
And while you are there you can take an up close and really personal look at them new Big Skys.
Maybe even have a new Big Sky on the back of that new 2008 F450 for the return trip.

Remember this pic from the 04 Fall rally?
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 03:58 PM   #10
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
Well ron i hope racine is still in wis as we are a long way nort of you but will see you in goshen in sept john
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 03:39 AM   #11
vickster
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1165
Thanks everyone for your good wishes and shared sense of humor!! I am still adjusting to the fact that we are new "Ford Tuff" owners, while Ron is having fun getting to know his new toy. Ordered the new hitch which should be installed next week. Ron is anxious to see how the truck pulls Monty.

Judy - appreciated the positive spin - not only should I have room for Mexican treasures, but Ropa Usda, Jackalope pottery, etc, etc, etc. without worrying about weight issues.

Bsmeaton - If it was winter, think Ron's tongue would still be glued to the side of the truck.

Glenn - You are just soooooo cute! Waiting until last minute to make reservations for don't want anything to jynx our plans like the last two years. The rally is a really great way to renew friendships and have fun!!

Sailer - Yup, Racine still in Wisconsin, but barely!
vickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 04:12 AM   #12
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by vickster

Glenn - You are just soooooo cute! Waiting until last minute to make reservations for don't want anything to jynx our plans like the last two years. The rally is a really great way to renew friendships and have fun!!
Thank you. I think I'm "as cute as a bug in a rug" but than again what's cute about bugs especially those in our rugs?

Just don't wait too long. I am anxious, as you put it, to renew our friendship.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote