Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 06-26-2012, 07:45 AM   #1
Chasnracin
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12394
K-Cup Coffee Makers?

Is anyone using a small K-Cup coffee maker in the Monty? I have a Cuisinart in the house, but was looking at the smaller ones to put in the Monty. Most have OK reviews, but not great. That being said, most people who write reviews just want to B$#H about something:-) I was looking at the Mr. Coffee, but some said it didn't make a large enough cup. I know that Cuisinart makes a small one, but they are really proud of it.
I have a regular 4 cup pot in there now. 3rd one and it is now leaking out the bottom just like it's predecessors did.
Anyone?

2013 F350 SRW King Ranch
2011 3400RL
Chasnracin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:07 AM   #2
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
We just use a 12 cup unit. We make less most times but the nice thing is we can accommodate visitors we often get on our outings. We had a single cup maker (Flavia) but believe that the travel and bumping of the roads could cause anything to break faster than normal so we didn't want to keep buying the more expensive single cup units in favor of the cheaper, more available multicup units.

However, since you are asking about the single cup unit we've used Keurig and Flavia. Overall, we preferred Flavia because we it had less issues, was easier to use and it was less expensive per cup of coffee. But about a year ago when coffee prices went through the roof for single cup coffee for these units (went from about .40 to 1.46 per cup) and we found we were using the same single cup flavor we went back to the multicup units and went for volume. I guess when the economy plummeted, coffee drinking stayed the same or went up causing the prices for fanciness and convenience to go higher.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:09 AM   #3
bubbabc
Established Member

M.O.C. #9722
I have a small one cup machine in my Montana and really like it. It works much slower then the regular size but still makes great coffee and doesn't take as much precious counter space.
bubbabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:56 AM   #4
Chasnracin
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12394
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bubbabc

and doesn't take as much precious counter space.
I understand that! I normally only drink one, maybe two cups of coffee a day, so I don't mind the K-cups costing a little more. I wish I could find an undermount 4 cup machine.
Anyway, back to the K-cups. Still thinking.

2013 F350 SRW King Ranch
2011 3400RL
Chasnracin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:28 AM   #5
hunts800
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11457
I have the large Keurig in the house, and bought the small one-cup Keurig for the trailer - but found it too slow. So....bought the regular Keurig without the display screen, but with the larger water tank, and have been very happy. It doesn't take up too much space, and it is ready to go all the time - vis-a-vis the small one which needs to heat up before you can brew a cup of coffee. We have had Keurig for several years now (my wife uses it for tea) and are very pleased.
Old 06-26-2012, 12:10 PM   #6
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
We have a undercounter coffee maker,makes all the coffee we want, takes up no counterspace and we don't have to put it away some place when we travel
8.1al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 12:25 PM   #7
Parts Ed
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11144
We thought about getting one, but from what we have heard, the Keurig produces less than 8oz of coffee per coffee insert.
Parts Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 12:48 PM   #8
Drifty1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9441
We have a Keurig in the house and the Montana. Since I am the only one that drinks coffee I like having the ability to only have to make 1-2 cups in the morning. We put towels in one of the sinks then put the Keurig in there when we are traveling and that has worked good for us.
Old 06-26-2012, 03:16 PM   #9
Fire5er
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3403
We have been using a Keurig mini plus in the Monty for a year now. We also have had a large Keurig (Elite) in the house for five years and just purchased a newer model (Platinum Plus) last month for the house. We love them and use them for more than just coffee. As far as the small unit in the Monty, we purchased it for its size. It is just right for the two of us and is great for storing in the Monty. When we know we are going to have more people with us in the Monty (like our married kids) then we also bring the older house unit. K-cups can get expensive, especially if you also do teas (hot & iced), hot chocolate, etc…; but you can use a “My K-Cup” filter which allows you to brew any coffee you want. You simply use your own ground coffee or lose tea in the Keurig with the reusable MY K-CUP filter.
Fire5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 03:51 PM   #10
ctomwood
Established Member

M.O.C. #9744
We have a K-Cup full size sitting on mat on the counter. Be there for 40,000 miles.
ctomwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:27 PM   #11
Petmoose
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12532
We have a Cuisinart and take in the Monty. Like Fire5er we like the ability to grind our own beans plus it is less expensive. Have had severlal other "individual" units and this is by far the best.
Petmoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 02:45 AM   #12
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
X2
We have the large one at home as well.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bubbabc

I have a small one cup machine in my Montana and really like it. It works much slower then the regular size but still makes great coffee and doesn't take as much precious counter space.
CORattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 04:13 AM   #13
Captain Joe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10764
We have the big model in the house and the Mr. Coffee K-Cup in the 5th Wheel. Yes, the little one only makes 8 oz., but we just run it through a second time with 4 oz of water to get a large 12 oz. cup. Most of the time though, the 8 oz. cup is just fine for me and the DW runs the same K-Cup through again for her 8 oz cup since she likes a weaker cup of coffee. We make alot of ice tea, tea, and hot cider, hot chocolate, as well. We have a monthly subscription with Amazon and get 100 K-cups per month automatically. We can skip subscriptions if we amass too much. Amazon has the best price.
Captain Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 02:38 PM   #14
Rob Walters
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12154
I have the Special Edition model in my Monty and the same thing at home. I put mine on the counter next to the stove and leave it there when I'm driving. I've put a lot of miles on without the coffee maker moving a bit. I do empty the water reservoir though. I bought this one specifically for the Monty cause I couldn't get used to the other coffee again after having the Keurig in the house. I love this machine. It makes the best "lifer juice" I've ever had. I had to take the one in the house back to Bed Bath and Beyond for a replacement about a year ago and I haven't had a problem since. (now watch the damned thing catch on fire, or something) Make sure you "De-Calc" the machine per instructions. I love the convenience of single cup brewing with NO waste, and my guests think they're special because they get their own fresh brewed cup of coffee.
Rob Walters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 06:04 PM   #15
chieflawdawg
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6935
We have the larger Keurigs in the house. Just bought a new one and want to put the older one in the Monte, but DW things it would take up too much space. It is the same size as the 12 cup that we have in there now so our July trip will be with the Keurig. Wife don't know it yet so don't anyone tell her. Shhhhhh.
chieflawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 05:45 AM   #16
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
We have Keurig in stick home and Monty. I'm the only one who drinks coffee and the 1-cup is great. We belong to the Green Mountain Coffee Club. Sometime they offer specials for Keurig coffee makers.
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 06:38 AM   #17
01RAMer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7316
I have the small Keurig Mini Plus one cup and like it. It makes up to a 10 oz cup and takes about two minutes for a good cup of coffee. You do have to add water for each cup you make, but it's not a problem for us.
01RAMer is offline   Reply With Quote