Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 05-17-2009, 12:04 PM   #1
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Questioning Passport America's value??

I can't count the number of times where someone asked "Is PassPort America worth the price"?

Every time I have come back with a definite "POSITIVELY".

Now just to prove my point, We left Florida on Saturday morning and spent Saturday night in Georgia at a PPA campground. Regular nightly rate of 30 bucks. Our cost $15.00 and we were less than a mile off I-95.
Tonight (Sunday) we are in North Carolina at another PPA campground. Nightly rate 30 bucks. Our cost $15.00 but this time we are about a mile and a half off of I-95.

Both had FREE Wifi but only one was park wide. Both have TV cable available. Both put me in a pull-thru. Both had FHU and 30 or 50AMP. Neither CG was immaculate but neither was a dump and YES I would stay in either again.

2 nights at 15 bucks is a total of 30 bucks saved. I know, I still haven't paid the initial 44 dollar fee but I can guarantee you I will within the next few nights and probably be way ahead. I know I will be way way ahead by the end of summer.

BTW-NO I DO NOT WORK FOR PPA but if you do decide to join let me know and I will give you my member #. Use it as the Refered by and I do get $10 bucks of of next years fee.

Another BTW-That $10 credit is available to ALL PPA members.

Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 01:02 PM   #2
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
I just renewed my PPA Glenn as I am staying at Briarcliffe RV Resort next week and the normal charge is $47.00 night, our fee will be $23.50 per night. Pretty good savings, if you ask me......
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 01:13 PM   #3
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Right on Glenn. In most situations, 4 nights at a PPA park and you have recouped your expenditure. We stated at Hardeeville RV 9 miles outside Savannah for 4 nights at $16 a night - half price from $32. let's see, 4 x 16 = $64 savings. I'm ahead of the game since annual membership is $44.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 01:51 PM   #4
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by exav8tr

I just renewed my PPA Glenn as I am staying at Briarcliffe RV Resort next week and the normal charge is $47.00 night, our fee will be $23.50 per night. Pretty good savings, if you ask me......
Stayed there a few years ago and YES we did use PPA then. Nice park.
Old 05-17-2009, 01:54 PM   #5
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Waynem

Right on Glenn. In most situations, 4 nights at a PPA park and you have recouped your expenditure. We stated at Hardeeville RV 9 miles outside Savannah for 4 nights at $16 a night - half price from $32. let's see, 4 x 16 = $64 savings. I'm ahead of the game since annual membership is $44.
We did consider Hardeeville but Golden Isle RV Park in Brunswick, GA was a bit more convenient for us.
Old 05-17-2009, 02:04 PM   #6
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
We budget $x per night for CG, and, since we use PA a lot, have recouped our initial cost for this year and then some. We are way under budget for this trip because of PA. Whenever we can throw in a ROD park like we are doing here in Rapid City, we save even more.
boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 05:03 PM   #7
db_engineer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9068
It depends. Eighteen months ago when we took an extended trip to FL & back it more than paid for itself. Here in SW VA two of the CGs that are PA are in really crummy locations and the others only honor PA mid-week. Next long trip I'll check for PA CGs along our route and decide whether to rejoin.
db_engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 01:15 AM   #8
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by boylanag

We budget $x per night for CG, and, since we use PA a lot, have recouped our initial cost for this year and then some. We are way under budget for this trip because of PA. Whenever we can throw in a ROD park like we are doing here in Rapid City, we save even more.
Jim, what's a ROD park?
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 03:06 AM   #9
garyka
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3662
Depends on the time of the year you travel and where you travel.Do some research on the discount times.When I snowbird many of the campgrounds on the route I take don't honor the discount at the time frames I need which are between Dec to April.I stay in the North (NY) for the summer and travel to Florida for the winter.Passport is great for many people but not for me,I did not renew this year but thats not saying I won't in the future if my travel plans change.
garyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 03:36 AM   #10
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
What ever discount you can get, well, is a discount instead of full price. When I travel I travel with several discount programs like others do. PA, GS, KOA, AARP, Military, etc. Almost in all cases I can find a CG for the night, and some times longer, that will recognize one of them. I prefer PA because of the 50% discount. There are others that are just as good but require a much annual fee. A person just has to decide how much they want as far as discount programs go. Myself, 10% is 10%.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 04:56 AM   #11
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
Dave, ROD is Resorts of Distinction. Before retirement, when I was earning decent money, we joined them and Coast to Coast and now all we pay is the annual maintenance fee. The ROD is $0 per night and C2C is $10. We could not join either of them now because of the initial costs but, now that we are in, we use them often.
boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 06:16 AM   #12
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Since we travel a lot and in different areas of the country PA has never failed to more than pay for itself. We just renewed again and we will get our yearly membership fee back in the next month of travel, and then some.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 09:14 AM   #13
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Since we left Texas in mid April and are now in Lewiston, CA, PA membership has been reimbursed by reduced fees by a multiple of 10. I will renew.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 09:20 AM   #14
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
I recently re-signed for three years.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 09:43 AM   #15
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Gee Glenn, I'm glad I never asked you about this? Sounds like you need to make this a sticky topic. :-)

Just teasing ya!

I like it when there's a topic when there is only one answer for it and with several pages worth of supporting replies.

I already have an expensive camping membership that has almost paid for itself. I don't travel as much as any of you posting here, but it sounds so good that I wanna go out and buy into it just because! And I can't even use it at this time, but it's now on my "gotta-have-it-list" just cuz it sounds good. I will keep it with the cube shaped soccer ball, sunglasses with three lenses and my can of striped paint. I love those things - I can't use them - but I do love them.

RV on!!!
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 10:46 AM   #16
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
PA always pays for itself and then some. It's only down side is that some CGs limit you on number of days at that rate, restictions on holidays, etc...still a good deal though.
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote