Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 09-11-2006, 06:50 AM   #1
drjjj
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5757
Dometic Power head vs. Mar-Beck beater bar

I am still trying to get my wife a power head for our Dometic vacuum in our 3400. I found a Dometic battery operated power head, but it is pretty pricey (about $250). The fellow I spoke with at Mar-Beck said he was not aware of the FA-5710 air driven head fitting the Dometic. I guess I just want to be sure before I order it, as he said because it was special order it was non-returnable. Has anyone even looked at the Dometic head? We are living in our rig full-time for at least a year. Is the Dometic head worth the extra $$$?

drjjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 07:47 AM   #2
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
We bought a beater bar attachment for our Dometic central vac at Mar-Beck and, so far, are very pleased with it. It is not battery-powered and cost $50 and change. When Steve was vacuuming yesterday, I could actually hear the stuff being sucked up and the carpet actually looks like it had been vacuumed! We are full-timers and Steve tells me I'm extremely picky about this issue.

Don't understand why the guy would say he wasn't aware of this particular beater bar ... I just double-checked and that is the correct part number, although they refer to it as a "power nozzle." I guess if you decide you want it, you might try again and see what happens.

Vicki Reigle ...
On the Road with Steve

A problem shared is half the problem;
A joy shared is twice the joy.

TIME FLIES ... USE IT WELL!

Our RV Travels
vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 08:26 AM   #3
illapah
Montana Master

M.O.C. #666
Think this may be in our shopping list since our new 3295 has the built in vac. Where can we get the mar-beck?

Also, where can reasonably priced replacement bags be bought? I paid about $4 for one in the RV dealers parts place just to have a spare.

Illapah
Ely, NV
07 3295RK
05 Ford F350 PSD Lariat
illapah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 05:03 PM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Mar-Beck is just the retailer from whom we purchased the power nozzle. They told me it is a Eureka item. The number is FA-5710.

Friends of ours also called Mar-Beck and was told they can't find the number. I called for them and the guy knew right away. Same guy I ordered ours from and a couple of others for friends. It is 49.95 and tax plus shipping unless you pick it up at the store. It is vacuum powered to turn the beater bar. It turns very strongly and does a great job from what I have seen.

Our dealer told us the bags are Dirt Devil and available at Walmart. I have not tried them myself.

Illapah, any appliance parts store should be able to get it if they can get Eureka parts. FA-5710 is the catalog number Mar-Beck uses. I cannot tell you whether that number is a Mar-Beck number or a Eureka number but I'd bet on it being a Eureka number. Mar-Beck is pretty much a Kansas City store, not a national retailer. www.marbeck.com They call it a "power nozzle", as Vicki said.

See another Montana or Mountaineer on the road? Flash lights twice, it might be one of us!
Steve Reigle (pronounced Regal)
Fulltiming since 3/21/03
'07 3400RL
'05 Ford F250 SD Lariat CC SB 6.0L PSD/TS FX4 4x4

Our RV Travels (now Firefox-compatible)

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote