Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 03-10-2006, 07:37 AM   #1
cs413
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3354
Squeaky slides

Quick question - Is it normal for the slideouts to squeak most of the time when they are being opened and closed? It seems they are a little noisier than they were a year ago when I bought the 3650. The dining room slide makes the most noise. I put the dry lube on them, but it didn't even phase them. I watch each slide very carefully going in and out and they seem to be fine - straight going out and straight coming in. The only thing I have to compare to is my old TT with the one slide and it didn't squeak at all. Just wondering if the others coaches squeak or if it's something I need to be concerned with and checking on.

Curt

cs413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 09:48 AM   #2
rlwhit
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3189
Check the hydralic ram rods. They may need cleaning. I think this one is for Dale.
rlwhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 11:26 AM   #3
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Curt,
Every now and then my computer desk/tv slide squeeks while opening and closing. Since it is behind the wheels of the coach my thought is there will be more road grime on that slide than the other 3. I had the dealership lube and clean the 3 living area slides last fall, so I hope this problem is solved. My bedroom slide is the one that has me perplexed, it started late last summer making a "shuddering" sound while opening and closing. I need to get in touch with Dale and see where that slide needs to be lubed since it is completely enclosed.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 01:11 PM   #4
Illini Trekker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2733
Just a thought can the wax we use cause this at time or lack of silicon spray or maybe to much spray silicon on the rubber. I've noticed after a fresh car wax how the wiper want to bounce over the glass -- like the seals over our trailer sides?? I don't know like I said just a thought.
Illini Trekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 03:29 PM   #5
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
I think Illini Trekker is on the right track. I use something like "ArmorAll" on the sides of the slides, and find that it really makes a difference. Tbis is in addition to using the spray treatment on the rubber gaskets. I do not put wax on the sides of the slides, just the "ArmorAll". Seems to work well for me.
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 04:40 PM   #6
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
I use Protectal on the entire coach including the slides. I also use it on the rubber gaskets and the slides move in very easily. I also use a dry silicone spray on the rack and pinion on the slides and on the scissor jacks. Keeps everything clean and operating smoothly.
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 06:40 PM   #7
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
In a pinch...we use baby powder to keep our rubber seals operating. On our slides sides. Montana dealer service department told us that.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 11:15 PM   #8
MIMF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2827
Curt,

Is the sqeaking happening the whole time the room is moving? If so, it is possibly because the rear rollers on the inner tubes above the underbelly may need lubricated.

Give me a call if you want to talk to me further.

Dale
MIMF is offline   Reply With Quote