Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 10-08-2005, 06:29 AM   #1
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Help me make sense of this...

On such a rainy miserable day I hadn't much going on so I was just sitting on the patio watching the comings and goings of the neighbors.

I was watching my neighbor remove his shoes before entering his rig.
One thing Lorraine and I do not do is take our shoes off before entering our trailer. I know that many many RVers do this and that is fine, it's something we just don't do. We do however keep a rug to wipe our feet on just inside the door.
BUT what I found to be so very funny was the wife shaking out the rugs.

She opens the door and proceeds to shake out 3 rugs. Nothing wrong with shaking the dirt out of the rugs but I was wondering where did the dirt come from? If you only enter in your stocking or bare feet where did it come from? When it dawned on me...While she was shaking out the rugs at the top of the steps the empty shoes sat at the bottom of the steps. Guess where the shaken out dirt landed, why of course, it landed back inside the shoes. Those shoes are now waiting there for someone to put them on, collect the dirt in their socks only to remove the shoes once again and track that same dirt back into the rig. Am I missing something??
Oh and did I mention it was raining? Taking his shoes off to enter the rig in his stocking feet is one thing, shaking the dirt back into them is another but taking your shoes off and leaving them out in the rain while he climbs the soaking wet steps in his stocking feet..well that's just crazy or again am I missing something??

And another thing, their rig is a truck camper. You know the ones that slip into the bed of a pickup. This camper is barely longer than the pickup. My next question is where is there enough floor space for 3 rugs???

Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 07:10 AM   #2
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
My wife and I picked up the habit of removing our shoes when we enter anyone's house when I was stationed in Japan. It's a Biblical expression of respect for you and your home.
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 07:51 AM   #3
Dave e Victoria
Montana Master

M.O.C. #635
Glenn, I think you need a good book.......
Dave
Dave e Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 07:57 AM   #4
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
Walt and I do not remove our shoes,Walt says he would spend most of the day putting on and taking off his shoes.LOL
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 11:26 AM   #5
vickster
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1165
The THREE shaken out rugs are the wall-to-wall carpeting!!!!!!! Besides a good book, think we need to get you a good computer game......BUT, then, I would miss your insightful ponderings.

Isn't retirement life wonderful -- so many things to think about and so little time to think!
vickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 02:55 PM   #6
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Glenn,

Have enjoyed reading this post!

Don't think you MISSED a thing during this little scene! HA HA HA

CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 04:42 PM   #7
palebluedot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #36
Glenn,
Like the country song says (you're having way too much fun).
palebluedot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 06:18 PM   #8
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Glenn.... you aren't missing anything... but I think your neighbors are!

D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 06:44 PM   #9
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Glenn, thanks for a good chuckle. Besides the book and computer games you could do more posting on MOC so you can overtake me and I can then sit back and relax....

Haven't seen your album of pictures yet but Vicki told me about it and I'm working my way down the active topics until I get to it. Sounds very impressive.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote