Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 07-19-2005, 04:17 PM   #1
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
We're Having a Heat Wave !!!!

Out here in the Nevada badlands the temperature is getting up to 115 to 122 everyday. We are staying cool in our Montana with the two A/C's running 24 hours a day. Today was a really bad day because we had another Dust Devil hit us and we was engulfed in sand,dirt and things that it had picked up along the way. I have to say it was frighting.It picked up our Directv dish and slamed it down and it took Walt a while to get it working again. I have a layer of dust all over everything and will spend days getting my baby cleaned up again.

SO HOW WAS YOUR DAY??????????????????????? COME ON NOW THERE MUST BE SOME GOOD NEWS OUT THERE SOMEWHERE.HEHE!!!

OH! Do you know how to save on propane??? Live in a park where they have no insulation on the water tank. We do not have to even use the hot water to shower or wash dishes because the cold water is already hot. HA!HA!

prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 04:43 PM   #2
toolmanroy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1745
Well now I have a different perspective on our 105 degrees here in southern Oregon with more to come.
toolmanroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 04:50 PM   #3
Rex & Mary
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #99
COME ON UP TO LAKE TAHOE, IT'S PERFECT WEATHER UP HERE........
Rex & Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 05:30 PM   #4
Montana_4027
Established Member

M.O.C. #4027
So,,,,,,,, why in the world are you in that desert area this time a year?? I think it would be a good time to head north, or at least to the mountains. We've been in the desert in those wind storms and yes, it trashed the RV! That sand comes in....!!
Take care, stay cool!
Montana_4027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 06:18 AM   #5
FireTruckerWife
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1629
Don't you guy know to go North in the Summer, and South in the Winter.

We left Minden, NV and are now parked on the coast of Oregon, on the Beach, at about 72 degrees.

Unfortunately, we have to head for home tomorrow and will arrive on Saturday, after staying in Lassen for a couple more days. I think the Coast is the only cool spot in the West right now.
FireTruckerWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 06:30 AM   #6
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
We are not still here by choice but still have stuff to be taken care of before we are foot loose and fancy free. We are going to be here until the last of Aug. or September. Then its to Texas and then on to Florida for a while.

FireTruckerWife, I love the picture and wish I was there too.Where is that close to??
Old 07-20-2005, 07:06 AM   #7
Montana_335
Established Member

M.O.C. #335
HOT - HOT!
This is hot. Packed up the Monty Thursday. The temp on the covered patio read 119! Arrived in San Diego - a wonderful, cool 73!
Could not cool down the fridge to load it. Finally I put a 20 lb. bag of ice in it to give it a jump start. We were able to load the fridge Friday morning.
Do I really want to go back to Glendale AZ?

Cathy
Montana_335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 08:51 AM   #8
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Y'all be careful in that heat. It's more than just uncomfortable. Stay cool!
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 09:24 AM   #9
FireTruckerWife
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1629
we are about 11 miles south of Port Orford, 6 south of Humbug Mountain, so it's really the southern Oregon Coast. Campground is Arizona Beach RV Resort.
FireTruckerWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 09:35 AM   #10
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
115-122 eh? Well at least it's a dry heat. That's what my mother-in-law in Phoenix used to tell me. Actually it sounds quite horrid where you are right now,makes 87-92 here in Michigan feel better.
8.1al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 10:01 AM   #11
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
AH!! Dry Heat; Lets see what dry heat does. It dries out your hair and skin,It dries out your throat and nose while you breath it. It also dries out the wood so you need to orange oil everything.HA,HA

Yesterday I had to go outside for just a little bit and it only took 15 minutes for me to be sick and have a headache. I would love for it just to get below 100 in the day time. At night is dropping to between 78 and 89 so I guess you could say I love the night time the best..LOL
Old 07-20-2005, 12:28 PM   #12
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
Ah! Dry Heat. Give me some DRY heat. We are having steam bath days here in Florida.

The humidity is up there with the temps. Everyone is moving in slow motion. The good news you requested is that Miss Montana will be home Saturday. Not looking forward to moving in this humidity, but am looking forward to going home.

Of course any summer day in Florida without a hurricane looming is a good day!
Montana_70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 01:00 PM   #13
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Fla Native, I bet you are having a steam bath and that is why we are rethinking the move to Holt,Fl. I know that anywhere you go in the south there will be rain and High humidity, We have lived in the desert for the last 19 years and the two months that we was in Mississippi I thought I would die from all that humidity. But we will just wait and see what happens next.LOL I believe that there are some fires close by because the air if full of smoke and you cannot even see the mountains.

OH!! We had a 1999 Montana pull in a little while ago and is parked very close to us, They are from Florida and did not know about the MOC but they do now.LOL
Old 07-20-2005, 02:26 PM   #14
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
Linda,

One thing about FL and the hot, the really hot temps with humidity is that it is for a shorter duration than the cold, cold temps in the north. The ideal would be to live "elsewhere" during July, August and Sept. After that FL usually is pretty pleasant. With March, April, May and Oct, November being the primo months.

You can be sure if it does get cold, very cold in FL, it is really, really cold further north.

So as far as living in FL... it's the summer. July, August, Sept, that's really awful. But I have a friend in Vermont who complains because she only gets a couple of months of warm, and then it's cold.

My plan is to someday be elsewhere during the heat and humidity and in the Sunshine state for the winter.

Sounds like you need to get out of the desert. I can't recall where Holt, FL is.
Montana_70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 04:39 AM   #15
jpkelpe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2780
well, it is no better here in Nebraska. we have had humidity in the 80's and temps right at 100. went to the 5er last night, only 105 in it. would go camping but why go when you would just sit inside the whole time--got to be in the 80's last night. can't wait to get to Winter Park the first week of Ougust.
jpkelpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 04:53 AM   #16
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
In Alabama we WISH we had humidity in the 80's, that would be a good day. The beauty of having a Montana is that you can follow the good weather. We did that....it's 49' in the Yukon this morning!
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 05:45 AM   #17
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
This was definitly not the year to decide to not open the pool. After only swimming twice last year we didn't open it this year. Bad move.
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 06:53 AM   #18
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
I'm originally from the San Diego area (Chula Vista, actually) and in nearly 27 years I never, ever adjusted to the humidity in NE Kansas ... and it's not even close to what the poor souls in the Southeast endure every summer. Here in Hungry Horse, Montana, in NW Montana, they're having a "heat wave" ... upper 80s and low-to mid 90s and, at one time yesterday, the humidity was 9% ... although most of the time, it's been between 30% and 40%. So we've not had dry nose issues nor do we feel like we need a shower after even the slightest physical exertion.

Since we've been full-timing, we endeavor to be where it's warm in the winter for Steve (except for the holidays, of course) and at-least-not-scorching-hot-and/or-humid for me. So, although I'd love it if it were 10-20 degrees cooler here, I'm totally enjoying not having to deal with horrendous humidity.

vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 10:39 AM   #19
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
Vicki-
Be glad you are not in SE Texas right now.....has rained here about 10" over the last two weeks, dew points in the middle 70's and humidity in the 90-100% range every day, so bad that when you walk outside into the mess your glasses fog up. It was really hot and dry here until Dennis came in changed the weather pattern and started pulling the moisture up from the Gulf and now that Emily landed we are getting circulation and daily showers from it. If it does not dry up some soon will need a full size John Deere and hay baler to do the grass.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 11:28 AM   #20
Searchers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1685
I will no longer complain about the unusual heat we've had during the past week here in northern California. We received a rare call last night from our son in Iraq saying it's consistently been 120-125 degrees during the day for the past few weeks at his location. Not very comfortable living in a tent without a/c and wearing a protective bomb suit to boot.
Searchers is offline   Reply With Quote