Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 05-27-2012, 01:43 PM   #1
moutard2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10948
Now here's a GREAT idea!

Montana owners are friendly, resourceful and innovative. We ought to create a booklet listing all our mods and improvements complete with instructions, pictures and materials required. These would be shown by model number and also those innovative improvements common to all floorplans. Any volunteers?

moutard2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 04:44 PM   #2
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
If you click on "Home" above then after the new page shows up, look on the leftmost column under "Member's Show and Tell" and this is where much of this is contained.

However, the person who used to maintain this part I believe was Glenn of "Glenn and Lorraine". He was a friendly and helpful member (probably one of the original members), but he passed away over a year ago. I for one never had the pleasure of meeting him but he was popular and well liked by pretty much everybody. He was also one of the MOC resident tire experts (like LonnieB) and contributed much in the way of that subject. Unfortunately, I don't think a replacement person was found to do the maintenance of this section that he used to do. Apparently he was pretty good at web site management, too.

Those of us who knew him or of him miss him terribly and for many good reasons. God Bless Glenn Adams!

Anyway, that's a good idea and hopefully an admin can come along and provide some status.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 04:55 PM   #3
moutard2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10948
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Art-n-Marge

If you click on "Home" above then after the new page shows up, look on the leftmost column under "Member's Show and Tell" and this is where much of this is contained.

However, the person who used to maintain this part I believe was Glenn of "Glenn and Lorraine". He was a friendly and helpful member (probably one of the original members), but he passed away over a year ago. I for one never had the pleasure of meeting him but he was popular and well liked by pretty much everybody. He was also one of the MOC resident tire experts (like LonnieB) and contributed much in the way of that subject. Unfortunately, I don't think a replacement person was found to do the maintenance of this section that he used to do. Apparently he was pretty good at web site management, too.

Those of us who knew him or of him miss him terribly and for many good reasons. God Bless Glenn Adams!

Anyway, that's a good idea and hopefully an admin can come along and provide some status.
I was thinking outside of the MOC admin folks. They've got enuff on their plates. What is available on the MOC site is unorganized and often hard to track down but it's all good stuff. Somebody with excellent organizational and computer skills would be the ideal person to put together something. It'd be a labor of love I suspect. Go for it Art!
moutard2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 04:51 AM   #4
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Sometimes at Rallys, we have Show N Tell, and sometimes at those Show N Tells a list, rig by rig, is available, for all improvements done by the members participating. Of course, many of the previous improvements have now been incorporated into the new Montanas. Yep, the improvements were so good that Keystone grabbed em! LOL Oh, and some of those lists are in the archives here.

And, yes, we miss Glenn.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 05:16 AM   #5
pineranch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9765
When I saw Carol's thread I thought for sure she was stepping up to the task.

Mike
pineranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 07:18 AM   #6
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
HA HA HA HA HA ROTFLOL Mike.

Read my words:

NO

Nadda

Nope

Not happening!

I am over committed now, seriously over committed. I don't have enough hours in the day now, I am getting old and me thinks the days are now only 20 hours long, and I cannot figure out how to get those 4 hours back, eh??

Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 11:33 AM   #7
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
It is a great idea, since most of us are retired, maybe someone will do it, Keystone would maybe buy it????
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote