Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 10-21-2009, 03:55 AM   #1
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
PSICLOPS

Have any of you tried one of these? I just got one and think it is a great tool. It will balance your tire pressures.

http://www.vulcantire.com/psiclops_xl180_gauge.htm

DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 04:28 AM   #2
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Interesting device. Have never seen or heard of one of those.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 04:33 AM   #3
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
I'm really trying to figure out how it would really help out? I can balance the pressure in all four tires within a pound using my air compressor. Maybe I'm missing something (won't be the first time!)
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 05:35 AM   #4
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Neat idea Doug, just fill in one spot and get both tires at the same time with the same amount of air.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:15 AM   #5
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Doug, I think you should try it and let us know how it works.........Thanks in advance

Phil
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:45 AM   #6
8e3k0
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9261
There is something that I like to be in control with one tire at a time when working with high pressures. In all practicality one should be working with a cage over the tire when inflating tires at 80 to 110 psi. If a sidewall blew out while airing a tire you would be quite a mess and it has happened in truck tire shops. For now I will check and air tires one at a time. May be a very good tool but not for me.
8e3k0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:52 AM   #7
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
I used it on my motorhome and it works great. It equals out the pressure in both tires whether front or rear and then you can add air to both of them at once. It has enough air hose on it so you do not have to be right down next to the tire to fill them. The extra air hose makes it safer when filling the tires.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 04:01 AM   #8
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by 8e3k0

There is something that I like to be in control with one tire at a time when working with high pressures. In all practicality one should be working with a cage over the tire when inflating tires at 80 to 110 psi. If a sidewall blew out while airing a tire you would be quite a mess and it has happened in truck tire shops. For now I will check and air tires one at a time. May be a very good tool but not for me.
Like some I air down when not towing, I don't know about you but if this device is what I think it is is it will be a great device. Pretty hard to stay away from tires at some point we have to put a tire guage on them. This device eliminates you having to check the air pressure or standing near the tire when they are inflated. I have a device I made to inflate the airbags I made for leveling my fifth wheel. I use it to inflate or deflate my truck tires it has lock on chucks so I don't have to stand there and hold the air chuck when inflating,but unlike this device I don't know what air pressure I am at so obviously I have to keep removing to check air pressure. This device if I am understanding it right will allow you to inflate both rear or front to your desired psi without having to remove or check air pressure because of the built in air guage, and the nice thing about it is you can stay out of harms way when using it, which is a concern. I can't help thinking it is not only safer but also a timesaver. I don't know about you ,but stooping over tires checking pressure and adjusting is not all that fun, and if this device, if I am understanding it right, would eliminate alot of the hassle I am all for it.
PSFORD99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 07:52 AM   #9
mcgiver2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2389
I never seen one this is the first for me ,but in my opinion its a good idea,and as far if a side wall blew out as your filling a tire it wouldnt matter if you had this connected or not if its gona blow out this wouldnt be the cause.......
mcgiver2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 07:32 AM   #10
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by DHenry

Have any of you tried one of these? I just got one and think it is a great tool. It will balance your tire pressures.

http://www.vulcantire.com/psiclops_xl180_gauge.htm

I got mine last thursday, great device works well. Inflating two tires at a time sure makes the job easier.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:15 AM   #11
f6maniac

M.O.C. #9817
How hard is it to get clipped onto the inside dually?
f6maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 04:37 PM   #12
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by f6maniac

How hard is it to get clipped onto the inside dually?

Without ever dealing with a dually how hard is it to get a air chuck on it when airing up, I like the lock down chucks much better than one you have to stand there and hold it on while adding air. If you can get to the inside tire easily with a conventional air chuck I have to believe this air device will be just as easy.