Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 09-26-2009, 11:42 AM   #1
dmaxmountaineer
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9691
New Montana Mountaineer

Just picked this guy up this past thursday. Its a 326rlt. All i have for now are the outside pictures. These digital antennas are nice. Very clear picture, but then again, i can see new york city right outside my house! Anyways. My truck is an 08 gmc 2500 crew cab with the full side bed. The campers isn't hooked up in the picture... Its hooked up to a reese signature series 18k 5th wheel. I love this thing so far! Can someone tell me how to upload a picture? Most forums allow me to upload a picture through my computer as an attachment.

dmaxmountaineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 12:45 PM   #2
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
Welcome to the site and congratulations on the new wheels! A couple words of caution on the hitch! Make sure you can see the flag when you are hitched. Reese says the pin won't go in unless the hitch is locked BUT THIS IS NOT TRUE!!!! If the handle is pulled back about an inch, the pin will go in, and the hitch will look latched but it isn't! Unless you can see the flag, you aren't locked in. Also, like most hitches, you need to back the truck up with the pin box slightly lower than the hitch so the hitch actually raises the front of the trailer as it slides in place. In other words, don't try to hook up by backing under the pin box and lowering it onto the hitch.
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 12:49 PM   #3
dmaxmountaineer
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9691
Thanks! yea i know about the hookups. I use the switcher at my dads shop to move the 53' tractor trailers. I didn't know about the flag thing. What i do out of habbit is once it locks in, i put the truck in drive and make sure its locked in.
Old 09-26-2009, 01:29 PM   #4
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Dmaxmountaineer,
Congratulations on the Mountaineer.

There is a section on the Forum that describes how to upload a picture. Basically you need to have the picture loaded somewhere on the internet. The MOC Forum does not host pictures. Any pictures are simply linked.

So once you get the picture loaded onto the internet you simply link it to your message you are posting on the MOC. Then it should show up.

Or you can simply provide the link and folks can click on the site where you have the picture. Some folks prefer to simply do the link because the picture may be too large to actually show properly on the MOC Forum. There is a size limit.

All the details can be found on the Forum. If you have troubles just ask and someone will help you walk through the steps. Welcome to the MOC Forum.

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 12:45 PM   #5
dmaxmountaineer
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9691
The pictures can be seen here.

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=331266
Old 09-28-2009, 02:32 AM   #6
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Nice rig. We chose the Mountaineer over the Montana because of the bathroom layout. We like having two vanities, plus the private toilet room.
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 04:09 PM   #7
dmaxmountaineer
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9691
Yea, i also went with this model because of the side isle, and seperate bathroom and bedroom. Some of the models i looked at had 1 room for the toilet and the shower and sink were literally in the bedroom, which i didn't like. It makes the bedroom look alot bigger, but i dont want all that moisture from the shower in the bedroom.

On a side note, if anyone has any questions about the honda eu6500is generator, i can tell you anything you might want to know. Its very quiet, but also pretty heavy. I just bought the adapter from a 30amp to a twist lock 30 amp so whell see how it runs with the ac on. I had all the lights and tv on and it barely made a sound.