Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 08-25-2009, 10:11 AM   #21
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

Dave..We are going to have hit the mouse hard this winter..
I ready. I'm sure that since Disney just raised the park prices, I am sure that will translate into raises for us Cast Members, right?

dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 03:09 PM   #22
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Parrothead, I read that what you said about Medicare cannot go up by more than the SS cola is true for Parts A and B but not for Drugs. And I read that the premium for drugs will likely go up.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 03:51 PM   #23
trukdoc
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2220
Send a message via MSN to trukdoc
I am still trying to figure out the negative inflation when everything around me cost more. I just cant wait till the inflation kicks in due to national debt.
trukdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 04:09 AM   #24
greener
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7882
Yeah-- supposedly the wholesale prices have dropped. Wish someone would pass that on to the stores as prices are still going up.
greener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 04:35 AM   #25
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Well we know our incomes will drop next year because of no COLA's but there will be increases in things like our health insurance premiums and Medicare premiums. That is all we know about right now....BUT... Fuel cost have dropped significantly. We are way ahead on the dollars we had budgeted for fuel and travel. Our energy bills Electric and natural gas have also, due to the decrease in energy cost decreased somewhat. There are no increases in property or sales tax being proposed. It also seems to us that there are a lot of sales and specials going on at the stores and the cost of food and other items are down. Maybe it is just this area but we do not see increases in cost....yet. Now..the credit card companies are raising interest rates as fast as they can. We have letters from 3 of them as of late.We have the cards but the balances are Zero as we do not use them or pay as we go and pay them off at the end of the month. The car dealers around here are doing well because of the clunker program and Ford is calling back workers. There were 40 clunkers at the Ford Dealership the 18 of Aug, 47 at the Chevy dealership and I could not count the numbers from the interstate at the Honda dealership. On Tv a Local Toyota delarship sand this was the best month in 30 years. My SIL has brought back 15 laid off employees at hs plant. Our 401K has had 5 positive months. I would not say things are peachy but they are looking up..... Oh.. and although the clunker program is over many of the local dealership thought is was such a good idea that they are continuing it on their own...??????? There are positive things happening.....
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote