Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 03-13-2006, 04:36 AM   #21
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
I think one thing we have learned here at MOC is that the dealers are frequently the last to know of improvements (??) and changes. We have all read the stories of many of our members that they were never shown the galley tank pull handle. They don't even know it is there!

It is sad, but true, many employees of many dealerships have NO clue! NONE. I heard a little fly on the wall story that even tho Keystone offers training and such on their units, that many of the dealerships do not take them up on it. Heard that dealers that are within a days drive of the plant won't even send their guys down there. Now, heard that story a while back, so maybe that has changed, but, ya know, somehow, I just don't think it has, much, isn't that sad?

CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 09:28 AM   #22
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
It amazes me that these dealerships do not have the product knowledge to properly teach new buyers on the operations of their coach. On the flip side there are some dealerships out there that go above and beyond, as mine does. They went over ever single inch of my Montana when I picked it up back in 04. At the time I was almost overload,ed with information, but sure glad they took the time to explain everything. Has made my rv'ing experience that much better.

P.S. I also found out that my bathroom sink also drains into the black tank, not my grey tank as I previously posted on page 1. Goes to the "learn something new every day".
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 10:53 AM   #23
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I've got the feeling that the bathroom sink has been draining into the black tank for a long time since Montana Sky has a 2004 model and we never knew about it or were told about it..maybe we should all check to see where your bathroom sink drains to..for sure..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 01:44 PM   #24
bjlks
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4218
Our 2005 3400 bathroom sink drains into the grey tank,I know this for sure because I changed some plumbing around such as washing machine was draining in black tank, that was not going to work for us,went to dealer got parts now washer drains into grey tank.One of the many changes made for the better.
bjlks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 06:10 AM   #25
larryngail
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #888
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

Here is the point..when you camp..full hookups or not..you keep the Black tank valve CLOSED. That is for several reasons, prevent clogs and normally the black tank takes longer to fill..38 gals of you know what is a lot of you know what. So then why would you deliberately cause the black tank to fill quicker by plumbing the W/D or any other Gray water source into it.And on the same model camper the tanks can be hooked up different..There is something very wrong with that picture...
Because doing this this way was easier???
larryngail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 06:53 AM   #26
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
It does make some sense to have the Bathroom sink water drain into the black tank. A nice covering of fresh water over the stuff will cut down on odors and make it easier to rinse the black tank. If you're hooked up to full hookups, it doesn't matter how much water you use in the bathroom sink. If you're dry camping or without a sewer hookup, you're going to be conservative with your water usage anyway, in all your sinks and shower.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 09:20 AM   #27
steves
Montana Master

M.O.C. #185
My 05 3400 also drains the bathroom sink into the black tank....I think Keystone should make us aware of these things instead of just doing it. Info like this is essential when dry camping in-order to manage your tank capacities and use.
steves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 11:29 AM   #28
carlson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3268
Our 3400 RL built in 2/05, the sink water goes into the gray tank.
Open up the right hand door to the basement, look up towards the front and see the pipe, trap and the pipe goes to the front wall and into the GRAY tank.
carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 02:14 PM   #29
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
I know! A couple of Keystone engineers got together one night (maybe after a Superbowl, or some similar partying event) and they decided to play a liitle game. It's called, "Let's see how long before this hits the MOC forum..."

Hope they've sobered up by now...
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 02:20 PM   #30
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Dave,
I just love the ideas that roll off your fingers. It sure gives me a good laugh when I seem to need it the most... =)
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 02:27 PM   #31
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Thanks, Dave. My wife thinks I'm a "barrel of laughs", too. Oh wait... maybe that was just a "barrel"...
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 02:18 AM   #32
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
no,no,no The skilled old world craftsman whose job it is to connect the pipes to the tanks has a instruction sheet that says "whatever" Actually it does make some sense to run the bathroom sink water into the black tank.That sink it little used and it keeps the black tank lubricated. The fact that it is inconsistent makes no sense to me.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote