Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 11-13-2006, 04:21 PM   #1
casey.2
Established Member

M.O.C. #5166
Interior trim pieces "tape" bunching up.

I have a 2004 3575RL that is showing signs of the Arizona climate. I've noticed that the "wooden" trim piece to the left of the refrigerator, well, that the "tape" that shows the wood grain is starting to gather or bunch up. Bubbling up is perhaps a better description, is there a remedy? Do I replace with real wood, can I order the trim piece? Silly I know, but I want to keep her looking new. Suggestions? Thanking you in advance.

Kevin (casey.2)
2006 Ford F 250 SuperDuty 4X4 FX4
2004 3575RL

casey.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 07:51 PM   #2
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Good idea to fix the small things as they occure. You may be able to unstick the tape with a small amount of direct heat such as a hair dryer and reglue the strip back. If not, then good refinishing supply store should have a veneer tape that will match. Just take a small sample to match. Maybe someone will have a better idea.

stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 01:01 AM   #3
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
I don't know the solution for this but my thinking was along the fix that Stiles offered. I wondered if a carefully control pressing with an iron would do the trick. The surface would have to be protected and the temp controlled carefully. Just a thought.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 01:51 AM   #4
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Wow, not sure we have ever heard of this one.

Low temp heat maybe, but if the sticky stuff is worn out (dried up???), then that approach might not work.

You might be able to order that stuff from dealer?? You could ask.

Might try calling the Service Center, ask if they have a fix for that, and what the fix might be. Be sweet and clear that you are not asking them to do it, just HOW!

Let us know what ya come up with. And good luck.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 05:45 AM   #5
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
I think Judy has the right idea. We bought some of this type of trim when we installed an entertainment center in our previous 5er. You had to "iron" it on. We glued instead but the directions were for ironing. We purchased it at Home Depot. You might go visit them and read the directions and then try it on the piece that is coming loose. I had some of my velcro come loose when we reached triple digits last summer.
Happy trails...............
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 06:54 AM   #6
casey.2
Established Member

M.O.C. #5166
Great advice, I'll give them a call and let you know what I find out, thanks a bunch!

Kevin (casey.2)
casey.2 is offline   Reply With Quote