Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 12-10-2017, 09:32 PM   #1
ACFD139
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #20882
No hot air from bedroom floor vent.

2018. 3791RD
Turned the furnace on and found out that there was no air flow from bedroom floor vent. There is no evidence of a damper value.
Any ideas?

ACFD139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 07:19 AM   #2
kdeiss
Montana Master

M.O.C. #164
Thinking maybe a section of flexible duck was not connected properly. could be at the vent,at the Y or maybe at the furnace !
kdeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 07:27 AM   #3
Former StClairSailor
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17151
I would check my rig but its 19 degrees here, so I'm staying in the sticks and bricks facility. Perhaps check your thermostat and make sure it's not set on heat pump. You can also check your other ducts. If the flow from those are weak, you may have something blocking your cold air return.
Best Regards.

John & Laura___& Bentley
2017 Montana 3950BR
2015 GMC Sierra Denali Dually
Former StClairSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 09:43 AM   #4
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Our 2017 3720 has that duct and run exposed in the ceiling of the basement. Would be easy to knock it off or damage it. I took aluminum duct tape and strengthened mine as well as ran the tape over the connection.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 09:48 AM   #5
drknapp
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9135
We found one of the ducts disconnected also. In our case it was the bedroom floor. We did the same as DQDICK and reconnected it (used a few extra screws) and used the aluminum duct tape on it.
Old 12-11-2017, 10:35 AM   #6
BuilderBob
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20475
Pull the back wall off in the basement and check to see if the all the flex lines are hooked up see that a lot they have real bad connections from the factory and you need to beef them up with more screws and aluminum duck tape.

Bob & Carol
Washington St
2017 352RL 2008 Dodge 3500 DRW crew cab 4x4 LB 6.7L
BuilderBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 11:25 AM   #7
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
In a 3700 the bedroom duct runs along the ceiling of the basement. The cost saving old world craftsmen cut the flexible duct exactly long enough to reach, when stretched tight, from the furnace to the floor duct. It constantly came loose despite screws and tape. The flex hose was replaced by a hard pipe from the duct back over the basement wall (where it went back to the flex). Now there is slop in the flex to allow movement behind the wall and a solid pipe along the ceiling of the basement to protect from damage from things stored there. The cost was around $5 for parts that are standard in HD or Lowes.

The bathroom vent had a similar problem, but as it was behind the wall, an extension of flex, with screws and tape, stopped it from coming loose

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 09:06 PM   #8
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
While I had the basement wall out to insulate behind it and the ceiling of the basement areas, I noticed the flex duct from the furnace to the duct running to the bedroom was coming loose. I took Gorilla Tape and reinforced the connection about a week ago but have not been back out to the Monte to see if it has held or not. The temps have dropped significantly here so if the Gorilla Tape is going to let go in the cold it will have done it. I'm going to crank up the furnace and put some heat into the flex duct and main duct to the bedroom and see if the Gorilla truly is the best tape to use in both heat and cold. I do have the foil tape for back up if the Gorilla doesn't hold. I had three flex ducts coming off the furnace (main duct in the ceiling of the basement, one running to the bathroom floor register and one to the underbelly going to the black and gray tank). All of them were quite loose in the way of enough lengths to their destination. The one going to the underbelly for the tanks was not stuffed down into the hole in the floor so I put it in the correct place and now have heat going to the belly that I did not have prior.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 10:19 PM   #9
scottz
Site Team

M.O.C. #19755
You just have to find the duct problem. Here is what was wrong with mine.

http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...ad.php?t=71231
scottz is offline   Reply With Quote