Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 01-19-2024, 03:42 PM   #1
High5er
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #33861
Exclamation Suburban SF-35VHFQ -- Junk?

We're full timers in a '24 Montana 3941FO. As you all know, it's already been a cold winter so we've asked a lot of our furnace. That said, our 5th wheel is only a few months old and the furnace motor died about 4 days ago. No one in town has this motor and the mobile repair service in our area has them on order but they just never seem to get there. The two big RV parts dealers in town say their distributors are out too. I talked to our local Camping World (I know, they're generally terrible) and was told they're out because they've been selling about 2 of these motors EVERY DAY.

This struck me as a real issue. Are these Suburban SF-35VHFQ furnaces that bad? At this point I'm thinking I need to replace the furnace altogether and move on, but would like some input on others' experience. Any one else had problems with this specific furnace? I'm left wondering if Keystone/Montana installed an underpowered furnace (maybe I need 40k btu?) or if this model is a lemon or if I'm just one of the lucky ones to have a problem.

High5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 05:37 PM   #2
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Did you try Amazon? Crazy what things you can find there. The tiny wire to the receiver tip of one of my hearing aids broke. Getting ready to send it back to factory for repair or replace. Stumbled on a video about replacing that piece yourself. Checked Amazon and there was the tiny replacement part. Two days later and one minute installation time and back in service.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 05:52 PM   #3
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
This link has a list of RV Salvage yards across the country. If you are close to some of these - go on a “pickin” mission. You might also call some of these to see if they have a stock of pulled motors on the shelf and they might ship it to you. Hopefully the link works.

http://www.marxrv.com/rvsalvage.htm
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 06:35 PM   #4
LeftOverParts
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #32230
If not available online, if there are any electric motor repair shops near you, you could contact them to see if they fix rv furnace motors and how long it would take.
LeftOverParts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 07:50 PM   #5
High5er
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #33861
Thanks for the suggestions. My mobile repair guy says these furnaces had a couple years where the motor supplier produced bad motors and I must have gotten one. Hoping for Monday or Tuesday for a proper fix. I'll look into the other options you provided as a backup plan. Thanks!
High5er is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blower motor, furnace, suburban