Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 01-30-2007, 09:44 AM   #1
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
rotochoks

Just ordered Rotochoks - and she threw in the leg lifters as a special promo if anybody was thinking about ordering some. www.rotochok.com

Also gave me a nice feeling to buy something direct from the inventor. I have a couple of friends struggling through patents, and it's kind of cool to see a success if you sit down and think about it.

bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 10:44 AM   #2
Craig A
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6228
You got a deal. I had to pay for the roto-choks and then 10 extra for the handles. Both are nice and you'll like them. I guess I got away OK ($149) since I picked up at the Tampa Show and didn't have to pay shipping.
Craig A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 10:46 AM   #3
David and Jo-Anna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6022
Brad--pardon my ignorance, but what are leg lifters??
David and Jo-Anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 10:47 AM   #4
Craig A
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6228
They're a small handle that mount through the hole in the landing gear right above the foot so you can lift the leg without getting dirty by handling the bottom of the foot. Take a look on www.rotochok.com and they're on the site.
Old 01-30-2007, 11:52 AM   #5
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
sounds like you made out alright.
BillyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 06:47 AM   #6
Cat320
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5751
Can somebody explain the magic of the Rotochok? It seems to me, if you get a good set of four standard chocks, where the angle of the chock is flush with the tire tread, it's not going to move, and will accomplish the same thing as the Rotochok.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 07:16 AM   #7
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Until I try them CAT - I don't really know. I've put complete trust in the MOC

Old 01-31-2007, 08:37 AM   #8
kmh3212
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6735
There is a similar item out there that was designed like a scissors jack. These type chocks really stabilize the unit. You can feel the difference walking around inide. See http://www.campingworld.com/browse/s...k/skunum=11109
kmh3212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 11:46 AM   #9
Craig A
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6228
I got mine because I forgot the metal chok one time and pulled out without removing it. The trailer smashed it and I didn't even know I had run over it. Also, rotochoks are clean, easy to use, lockable, and a neat little invention.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:36 PM   #10
GlobalDouglas
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6376
There was a recent thread about the need to order the exact size. Can someone please tell me the size I need for an '07 3400 that came out in Sept. I am unable to get to my Monty to take the measurement and want to buy them. Thanks Oh yeah, can someone also provide the exact length and height (without 2nd a/c)....boy I wish I could get to Monty!!!!! :-)
GlobalDouglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 09:01 PM   #11
DONnANNIE
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6088
Send a message via AIM to DONnANNIE Send a message via Yahoo to DONnANNIE
Quote:
quote:GlobalDouglas Posted - Feb 01 2007 : 02:36:41 AM
There was a recent thread about the need to order the exact size. Can someone please tell me the size I need for an '07 3400 that came out in Sept. I am unable to get to my Monty to take the measurement and want to buy them. Thanks Oh yeah, can someone also provide the exact length and height (without 2nd a/c)....boy I wish I could get to Monty!!!!! :-)
Order Information

Click here for INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS!

When ordering, have the following:

Closest space between tires - Measure inside at the center of the tires.
Tire Size (example 14, 15, or 16 ). Do not need the complete tire size.
Brand name of RV

The Rotochok is $64.95 each plus shipping.

30 day money back guarantee!

Your Rotochok is shipped via UPS within two days of receipt of order.

Visa/Mastercard Accepted

Rotochok, Inc.
396 Hayfield Road
Harrington, DE 19952
Inside USA Phone # 1-800-640-8996
Telephone Number for outside of USA : 1-302-284-8996
Hours: 9 - 5 EST (Monday - Saturday)

I called Pearl yesterday and ordered 2 Rotochocks. When I gave her the distance between the two tires she said I needed a "large". When I told her it was for a Montana, she asked if I was sure because other Montana's had a shorter distance. My point is you'll just have to wait to measure your Monty to be sure. The same goes for length & height - you should measure connected to your TV because it should be level. Then measure the tallest part of your Monty.(probably the rear A/C)

JMHO
DONnANNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 03:04 AM   #12
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Mine ended up large as well.

You need to measure both sides, as one can be different than other, just enough to put you into a different size.
Old 02-01-2007, 06:02 AM   #13
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Cat320

Can somebody explain the magic of the Rotochok? It seems to me, if you get a good set of four standard chocks, where the angle of the chock is flush with the tire tread, it's not going to move, and will accomplish the same thing as the Rotochok.
Cat,
The standard chocks that you fit in front/behind the wheels do not prevent your rig from rocking movement. The BAL metal chocks that go between the wheels do not grip well, metal to rubber (not much friction, no matter how tight you make them). The Roto-Choks grip the tires and absolutely prevent any tire rocking. You may still have some spring motion but there will not be ANY forward to back rocking. For my money, they are well worth it. Before we unhook, I always insert the Roto-Choks on both sides of the rig. That way I know my rig is not going to move, at all when the pin clears the hitch. Why do I do this? Because before I had the Roto-Choks and was using both of the other types of chocks, when my rig's pin cleared the hitch, the rig rolled back about 4 inches, coming to rest on the frame of my hitch, just barely avoiding damage to the box of the truck.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 06:33 AM   #14
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Orv,

From your explanation, it sounds like I'll be happy with them. I had the metal expandable ones before, and just quit using them. They were too hard to put on the get enough leverage to hold the trailer, and after 2 alignments on my old Al-Ko axles, I didn't want anything putting that much pressure on my axles.

Brad
Old 02-01-2007, 11:00 AM   #15
Craig A
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6228
Go to www.vipenterprises.com and look at the rotochok line. It will tell you the size you need based on the gap between the tires at the closest point.