Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 04-25-2005, 07:37 AM   #1
mgdg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3481
Ceiling Mouldings and other things

The white mouldings on the ceiling have all falling off. Except 2 in the bedroom. Went in with a 1" brad nailer and put them back up. So as I was in there I decided to check all mouldings and fix all that were loose. Also noticed the wires under the slides were hanging, it seems the plastic tie straps that hold them in place have broken. When I brought in the unit for the alignment problem they said it wasn`t out of alignment, but the tires were under inflated and should be at 80lbs psi. So it seems that you have to keep them within 10% of that no less which would be 72lbs psi or more. I always kept them at 70lbs and thought that was plenty so I guess I was wrong. After every trip it seems I had to bring it in for something. Now that the 1 year limited warranty is over I will be doing alot of the work myself. Next trip is this weekend wonder what will go wrong and have to fix after this trip??

mgdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 02:15 AM   #2
VanMan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9
Once the warranty is up, you can get really good at repairs ! That's when a forum like this proves the real value of the knowledgable and helpful members.
VanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 08:49 AM   #3
sgf
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #680
Sure hope your handy with repairs and such after the warranty expires, these things take alot of abuse and always need a little TLC,but ours is in the shop again to re-repair a warranty repair.
sgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 07:20 AM   #4
mgdg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3481
I`m glad I`ve become handy. I have done many a repair in the auto industry. A trailer is very much like your car and home all in one. We can all fix something if we take our time and think it out. As Red Green says "if you can`t be handsome, you better be handy"
mgdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 07:46 AM   #5
315RLS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1900
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by mgdg

The white mouldings on the ceiling have all falling off. Except 2 in the bedroom. Went in with a 1" brad nailer and put them back up.
We had the same thing happen after 4 or 5 months and had to hit it with a brad nailer as well.
315RLS is offline   Reply With Quote