Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 04-16-2005, 01:46 PM   #1
rogersuemegan
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3579
Send a message via AIM to rogersuemegan
slide problems with a 2005 - 3400RL

We just bought a new Montana, and when we picked it up at the dealer's it was raining. We drove it about 40 miles back to the RV park we were staying in for the winter, in FL. when we started to set up, and put out the slides, the one in the kitchen was so wet on the floor that I had to use bath towels to wipe up the water. We took it back to the dealer at the end of March, just before we came home, spent 4 days there, they worked on it for 2 days. We started home and the second day we drove all day in the rain, when we stoped for the night, it was wet again, not as bad but still wet. The dealer tells us he dosen't know what else to do, but there must be a way to fix this problem. Does anyone have any ideas? We are retired, and plan on doing about 6 mo. a year in it. We are thinking about full timing in a year or so. Thank You. We live in northern MI. We have had this unit since Feb 5th of this year.

rogersuemegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 02:44 PM   #2
Montana_3583

M.O.C. #3583
Is it your slides that are leaking meaning the seals are leaking when the slides are in or is it possibly your windows leaking.

Did you purchase the dual pane windows?

See this post. I just made it before reading yours.
Montana_3583 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 05:07 PM   #3
Montana_2785
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2785
I've noticed this before as well.

By chance, is the floor where it is wet just above or just behind the tires on that side of the rig? If so, I suspect that road spray is getting tossed up to the felt(?) seal at the bottom of the floor and water is wicking into the unit.

I'm considering a number of things to do along my slide over the tires. Haven't decided which way to go yet. But it is clear to me that driving on very wet roads for a period of time will result in a wet floor.

Eric
Montana_2785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 11:48 PM   #4
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Someone at the First Annual MOC Rally had a similar problem and made a point of dealing with it at the tour. Seems they left out a part of a seal or something down near the wheel wells. So I think Eric is onto something with that. Wish I could remember who it was that had the problem but CRS has taken most of my memory. I'm sure he'll be along to tell us what happened. I think he finally got it resolved.
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 10:09 AM   #5
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Rogersuemegan, welcome to MOC! That's a beautiful rig you have there, even if it is a bit exasperating at the moment. It sounds like your dealer is at a loss. You might call Keystone at (574) 535-2100 and ask for customer service. Tell them your problem and that the dealer seems unable to fix it. They might be able to recommend another dealer or perhaps ask if you can bring it to the factory service center. I really believe Keystone will help you with this so give them a call if you are convinced your current dealer is without a clue where to go next. It does sound like a seal is missing to me.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 02:02 PM   #6
DiananColin
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #447
Send a message via Yahoo to DiananColin
We have the same problem with our kitchen slide. When we came back on our last trip of the 2004 season it was a very wet day. On arrival at our Dealers we put the slides out as they were going to winterize the unit and the kitchen floor was very wet. We decided to leave the repairs until the Spring (the rig goes in to the Dealer tomorrow). Other than a small leak from the shower into the basement (another repair job) that is the only major job to be done. We have noticed through the winter that the shower door is difficult to open but the Dealer says he will adjust that. Will let you know what the Dealer finds.
DiananColin is offline   Reply With Quote