Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 02-21-2005, 01:04 PM   #1
sgf
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #680
Keystone comes through!

Have not posted in awhile and really considering trading the monty because of sidewall repairs that did not meet our expectations,kinda gave up hope and was going to live with it until we did not have to take a big hit on the unit.Well;to our surprise we received an e-mail from Jeff Rank today voicing his concerns to us knowing us by only our e-mail address and to verify that we were the ones with the quality problems.We e-mailed back and both Jeff and Carol e-mailed us back wanting to help get this problem rectified.Never expected to hear from the VP of Keystone.They want us to be happy with this unit and so do we.Will let you all know how it turns out, boy,keystone does really know how to take care of their customers and wants them to be happy.P.S.-We never complained to Keystone about the repair,Jeff heard of it from a posting of it,great customer service!

sgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 01:44 PM   #2
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Fantastic, sgf! I know not everyone is happy with Keystone but this really squares with what we have seen and experienced from Keystone. Please keep us posted.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 02:09 PM   #3
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
sgf, Great news. This is exactly why when we are ready for a newer unit it will be another Montana!!! We have found the customer service and concern from Jeff Rank truly unique in the RV field. Please do keep us posted. It is so nice to see a good positive post when Keystone steps up to the plate to handle customer problems. Thanks for sharing the news with us.
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 04:38 PM   #4
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Is this the reason that Montana is the #1 selling RV year after year?
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 04:45 PM   #5
RVBUDDY
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1109
sgf,

I know you have had a lot problems. That is great news. If Jeff gets ahold of it he will see that it is fixed. Great news. Thanks for the post.
RVBUDDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 11:18 PM   #6
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
SGF

Great news,I`am very happy for you.Hopefully I will be getting the same satisfaction on my repairs.Are you listening Jeff??????
harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 03:02 AM   #7
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
We have found that by dealing with the Keystone Management directly the work gets done and you are not pushed aside like you are with your dealer.
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 05:52 AM   #8
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
Glad to hear Keystone came through for you. We didn't have any such luck with a noisy ceiling fan. It had an annoying resonating hum that made it unusable. The dealer said Keystone wouldn't replace it. It called customer service twice. The first rep wanted me to try to figure out the problem myself. The second told me it was up to the dealer. If they say it's ok then it's ok. I asked "what if I can't get any satisfaction from the dealer, then what?" She wouldn't respond to that. Evidently I am just stuck with this crappy fan
8.1al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 09:45 AM   #9
Montana_1774
Established Member

M.O.C. #1774
Being a Mountaineer owner makes me a second cousin to the Montana owers, I am encouraged by what Mr. Rank did for you. You see, I have had the slide seals replaced once due to them leaking. We were out the past two days and for the first time we were in rain sufficient enough to test the new seals. Yup! two out of the three still leak. Plus the A/C unit quite working. My point, if there be one, is that maybe, just maybe, Mr Rank and Keystone will extend the warranty period until this problem is resolved.
Montana_1774 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 03:40 PM   #10
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Bobby, the Mountaineer is a Montana, at least it used to say "Montana Mountaineer" or something like that. Maybe they're brothers/sisters. Have you called Keystone to ask if they'll cover this until fixed since it started before warranty was up? I know it works that way in the auto industry, as long as it's documented.
Old 02-24-2005, 04:03 AM   #11
Montana_1774
Established Member

M.O.C. #1774
Hey, Steve. No I haven't called Keystone, yet. Still working with the dealer. We have a couple months left on warranty. With my buzzard luck, I was just thinking ahead, knowing that I would still have the problem after warranty period expired. I do have the documentation on the leaks so we shouldn't have a "he said I said conversation". I am encouraged that Keystone will stay with us, based on what I've read here.
Montana_1774 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 06:04 AM   #12
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
The key is likely whether a post-warranty issue is a continuation of an issue not resolved previously or a reoccurrence of an issue that was previously resolved. Even then, I'd think the dealer would have some obligation if a fix failed in a reasonable amount of time. Hopefully they'll get that leak fixed for you and there will be no warranty question.

Bobby, your name sure rings bells for me but I can't for the life of me put my finger on why. Any ideas?