Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 09-02-2019, 09:47 PM   #1
Rsc373
Established Member

M.O.C. #18890
Funny story

So okay this story has made us all laugh every time we tell it whether sitting around the campfire or the picnic table. We are a group of about 6 couples that are seasonal campers. A few years ago one couple got a new Monty High Country, not sure what model. But they always pull out at the end of the season to go to Gulf Shores between Christmas and New Years. So then that next season, about a year after buying it their kitchen sink would’t drain after doing Saturday morning dishes. After a brief “discussion” and some yelling about “what did you put down that sink” they make a trip to the hardware store to buy a drain snake. Snake goes in no issues, comes back clean. At this point I had walked over to see what all the commotion was about. I leaned in the door to see them getting ready to take apart the plumbing, the pee trap and everything! So I hear all the details and ask if the tank is full. Of course the answer is “no thats the first thing we checked”. So another guy and I walk around to the other side of the camper and the other guy, not a 5er owner, “what’s that handle for” of course I knew what it was and pulled it. We both walked back around the camper and hear “its draining now its draining!” Of course they didn’t know that they had 2 grey tanks. The funny parts of this story, one the fact that the hauled probably a 1/2 to 2/3 full tank of grey water about 1800 miles around trip second the fact they use so little water to was their dishes, (always have full hook up why be so stingy with water?) Third, the fact that they upgraded from a F250 gasser to a F350 diesel!!! because the F250 didn’t pull very well! Hope you enjoy this story as much as we do, several times a year!!!!

Rsc373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 07:27 AM   #2
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
It is always fun to bring up those old stories like that, at least as long as you are with friends who can take it.
Been hunting every year for 50 years with 3 other guys that we all graduated high school together. And every year in the cabin we rag on each other about all the screw ups we have done over the years. Good thing we are friends or we would probably have beaten the .... heck out of each other.
BB_TX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 08:14 AM   #3
Theunz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18384
On our trip to Colorado this July we overnighted in Santa Rosa New Mexico. I had made reservations a few months earlier for two full hookup sites, my son and his family were accompanying us in their trailer. Well it seems that the park had run out of full hook up sites and only had only electric and water sites left. I THOUGHT no big deal we really don't need sewer for one night. After we got hooked up the son and family went to get something to eat and look around while my wife and I stayed behind and fixed the window shade and valance that fell off on the way After we fixed it my wife walked by the bathroom and heard something running. Well it tuns out that my 8 year old granddaughter had used the bathroom as soon as we got there and tried to wash her hands before I hooked up the water. So, you guessed it, didn't turn the faucet off since nothing came out of it. Check the grey water tank level gauge and yep completely full! Whopee, after a long days drive and an unexpected repair I get to unhook everything and drive to the dump station! Well that "no big deal" WAS a BIG DEAL! Had a good laugh over it though, how can you be mad at an 8 year old granddaughter