Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 07-14-2006, 12:20 PM   #1
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
LCD in living room

I finally trashed that alful RCA TV and replaced it with a 26 inch LCD Viewsonic TV-as recommended by one of uour members.WOW what a difference in the picture.And it fit the space like it was made for it.This TV comes with a stand attached.I drilled two holes in the front of the stand and put bolts threw to hold it in place.It really is a nice up-grade.I also put two wireless speakers in the back over top of the recliners.The speakers are "Advent"They really sound nice.What a difference it makes when the AC is running.I was a little leary about the sound guality of wireless speakers.But I have to tell you i am very impressed on the sound from these speakers.

harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 04:15 AM   #2
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
Harleyrider, Is there any way you can put a door in to access that huge space behind the LCD.
When I make the TV upgrade I am going to put a door in so I can use that space. On the 2955RL this should be easy to do. Not sure about your 3280RL.
Congratulations on the upgrades. They sound great.
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 07:25 AM   #3
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
Don

Don`t be giving me more ideas(lol)I guess I could cut a hole in the side of that cabinet facing the stairway and put a door their.Your right a lot of wasted space behind that LCD.It would be a good place to store DVD`s.Mmmm wheres my jig saw.I just happen to have two extra cabinet doors from where I put in a fire place.
harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 03:36 PM   #4
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
Hey, Harleyrider, sounds good to me and in 3 more posts you are going to become an addict like me.
Congratulations......................I think.
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 02:33 AM   #5
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Send a message via MSN to Ozzie
Nice upgrade - and I bet you saved some weight too.
You could always use that extra space you gained by using it for the subwoofer of a surround sound...
Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 02:40 AM   #6
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Ozzie, there are a lot more important things to go in that space such as......knitting supplies, travel magazines, decorations for the rigs, crafting items, yadda, yadda, yadda!
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 03:03 AM   #7
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Send a message via MSN to Ozzie
LOL...finding a little extra space is certainly an added bonus. We never seem to have a problem filling things up. I think taking out what you don't use is the real trick.
I just did a little remodeling in that tv area myself (carpenter by trade). I pulled that awful built in boombox out and put in a surround sound player and speakers with an added shelf. The subwoofer is next to the tv and shakes the cabinets if it's too loud. That extra space would take care of that, but I end up with it on the floor until I figure it out.
As long as I have a good recliner to relax in I'm content. A person has to have a comfortable place to park. Problem is - when I sit I start thinking of remodeling...
Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote