Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 10-01-2009, 01:28 PM   #1
swanny
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8816
Dimplex Fireplace

During our vac. in Maine I Didn't like the way our fireplace worked, when it worked. So I called Dimplex explained what it was doing. The CS rep. promptly replied with We'll get all the parts you need to you ASAP. Within a week all parts showed up. Now the bad part. The fan assembly was broken pretty bad in transit. So first thing this morning i called Dimplex.
I told the CS rep I received my part but one was broken. She asked for my phone number brought up the order and asked which part was damaged. I told her and she said I'll get a new one to you ASAP. When I asked her about sending the other part back she said I didn't need to. Wish more companies did business like this.

Thank You Dimplex

kevin

swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 02:32 PM   #2
bjj5633
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9546
They were great with me. also in one of your previous posts you said you stayed in salisbury mass,I was wondering if you stayed at the state reservation.
bjj5633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 03:24 PM   #3
swanny
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8816
We stayed at Beach Rose, very small. IMHO it's good for just an over night stay.
swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 05:17 AM   #4
ChuckD
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7916
Send a message via Yahoo to ChuckD
As I post in a earlier thread, my fire place went zap and the smoke came boiling out. After going through my dealer and them going through Keystone nothing could be done because I was out of warranty by a couple weeks. My dealer told me to call dimplex direct. I am glad I did. They sent me a new heating unit no charge with out questions asked. It arrived yesterday and when I opened the fireplace up to install the heating unit I found all the wire were burnt up. I called dimplex this am and sent them a picture by e-mail and they are replacing the whole unit without question. I can't ask for more. So far I am a very Happy Camper. Thank Yoy Dimplex.
ChuckD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 07:01 AM   #5
dmacy
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8921
I have the same unit and had trouble with my firepalce. When you turned it on it would run for a few minutes nad then shut off. You would have to turn the power switch off, wait a few minutes then turn it back on and it would run for a few more minutes before it shut down again. I called dimplex and they were very helpfull. They told me the problem was that the fireplace was not getting enough air in it and the overheat relay was shutting it down. They shipped me a new bottom for the unit and I installed it myself. Upon starting the fireplace the same thing happened but it just ran a little longer before it happened. I installed a small vent just to the left of the fireplace and to the right of the desk drawers to allow more air to get into the fire place and it cured the problem. I told my dealer (Alpin Haus) about it and they said they would tell their Techs about it and pass it along to Keystone. If any one has the same problem feel free to give me a call and I can send some pics or give you details on what I did
dmacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 04:38 AM   #6
bjj5633
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9546
Yes beach rose is small and expensive. We were at the state park wich is on the water,no sewer but for 22 a night it's a great deal. They do have a dump station. less than a mile from beach rose.
bjj5633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:44 AM   #7
Snowbirds
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #2082
More Kudos for Dimplex...our fireplace would run awhile and cut off, I called Dimplex and they sent a new blower right away and an installer called and installed it. I wonder if this blower runs faster than the old one because we can hear a hum just a bit louder than the old one. That may have been the problem, the old one may have been to slow??? Anyway, Dimplex jumped right up to the plate and fixed the problem.
Snowbirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 02:58 AM   #8
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Year before last we had exactly the same problem even with the replacement arriving broken. In our case the new heating element was crushed and I kept the fan from that unit. When the replacement/replacement unit arrived I tried the old fan, the new fan and the new new fan. The original OEM fan had very little power and I could stop it by blowing against it. The two replacement fans were much stronger and would try to take some finger meat when I tried to stop them with my hand. I installed the newest replacement and gave the other new fan to Kohl as his as doing the same as my first fan. Dimplex really does stand behind their product... Dave
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 03:59 AM   #9
CamillaMichael
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10246
We hear a lot about components not doing their job or manufacturers not standing behind their product...it is nice to hear the opposite...so far, our fireplace has worked well.
CamillaMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:11 AM   #10
dreamers2010
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9962
Send a message via AIM to dreamers2010
Our dimplex wouldn't work on high and Dimplex sent parts to fix and an installer to put them in. No complaints about Dimplex. Sealand is another story. But that's another post.

Judy
dreamers2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 12:44 PM   #11
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Great to get such a positive report. Thank you. We have been running our fireplace very often for the last two years (intermittently prior to that). I took it apart and cleaned it finding a burned out bulb to replace. When the mirrors and reflectors were cleaned, it really brightened the display.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 02:05 PM   #12
Jdrobone
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9833
Likewise had my fan and new wiring replaced on their dime
Jdrobone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 05:02 PM   #13
stimpy123
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8267
Send a message via Yahoo to stimpy123
I've contacted Dimplex via email about a smell. We have used the fireplace constantly this winter to supplement the furnace. Just yesterday the smell started. It isn't a smell of burning dust that would show up after storage and then using the furnace for a while. This almost smells like burning motor insulation. Anyone else have this symptom? I don't want to use the fireplace until I hear from Dimplex. From the other postings above, it appears that this won't be covered by Montana, but directly by Dimplex. We are about 6 months over the 2 year warranty.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Steve
stimpy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 02:55 PM   #14
stimpy123
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8267
I started the fireplace tonight and just as I clicked the remote to turn on the fan, I heard a zzzzzzzzzz and POP and a lot of burned smell. It didn't trip a ckt breaker. I'm convinced now that the motor has seized. I checked under the lower control panel "flap" and there was some dust collected on the panel and a the vents, so feel maybe the result is the burned out motor. I just remembered that I have the CSP (Continued Service Plan) by Good Sam and that probably will cover any expense to replace or repair the fireplace. I called the 800 # for Dimplex, and was on hold for more than 15 min. so hung up. I'll call again in the morning to see if I can get some help.
Thanks for all your help.
Steve
Old 01-20-2011, 04:50 PM   #15
stimpy123
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8267
Well, so much for customer service. I emailed the Dimplex company and all they had to say was call their 800 # and talk with Tech Support. I've called twice, on the 19th for 15 min on hold, and this morning for 20 min on hold. I emailed them back and told them that I'm not impressed with their tech support process and just maybe there is a better time to call. Since I called in the afternoon on the 19th and early morning on the 20th, I hope they can tell me when I can call to receive help. The fireplace is out of service. I can turn it on if I wish to worry about a fire from the burning wiring inside.
Anyone have this experience with their tech support? How about anyone that may have taken the fireplace out of the wall for repairs. I've noticed two screws on the sides at the top and two at the bottom on the side. Hopefully when the time comes, I'll be able to replace the fan motor. I may have to have a technician come to us to do the repair.
Sorry, just blowing off steam. Can't believe that it takes twenty (20) min or more to have a call answered.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:54 AM   #16
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Last year H John Kohl had a similar problem. Turned out that the terminal block where the main power lead to the fireplace had lose screws and the entire block did a melt down because of the high resistance. Dimplex shipped him everything he needed I believe and all was good until his fan started to slow down and that was replaced by the one I gave him. I realize that they keep you on hold for a long time but if you are patient they will get to you. They have been very helpful several times in the past. P.S. Dimplex is in the middle of a recall process at the moment which may be the reason for the delay. Here is a link to that recall... Dave
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 07:13 AM   #17
CamillaMichael
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10246
I do not know many people who enjoy being put on hold for long periods of time, but as Exnavydiver says, they are probably pretty stretched right now...it is easier for those of us not currently experiencing problems to advise you to be patient and stay on hold for a while longer, but I will not add my voice to Exnavydiver's since I would rather you not tell me what to do with my suggestion, so I will just wish you good luck in getting your fireplace back to work.
CamillaMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 02:57 PM   #18
stimpy123
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8267
Dave,
You said,"Last year H John Kohl had a similar problem. Turned out that the terminal block where the main power lead to the fireplace had lose screws and the entire block did a melt down because of the high resistance.". We have been using this fireplace for the best part of 3 months, for this winter, and before that many times in the last two years. Also, the rig hasn't moved since May 2010, so don't know why the fireplace would have loose screws all of a sudden. Did he take the fireplace out of the space below the TV to find the problem? I don't mind being on hold for a couple of minutes, but since we are using cell phones with limited daytime minutes, I have a real problem being on hold at all. These minutes go by very quickly and if they are struggling to answer calls, then they need to have more people, especially if there is an active recall. Just my 2 cents worth. I'll call again Monday morning. Funny part of this whole thing is that I emailed their customer support people with my concerns on Wednesday, and have yet to have a reply. Hummmmmm I wonder if they are so short handed that they should hire a few good people that are out of work. Thanks for your replies. I'll try to be more patient.
Steve
Old 01-25-2011, 05:47 AM   #19
stimpy123
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8267
Well, after being on hold for an hour, I was caller 13, and $127, I have a fan and motor coming from Dimplex. The woman on the phone was helpful, but still don't like being on hold that long. Thanks for the lesson in patience. My extended warranty has $100 deductible, so didn't bother with going through that hassle, besides the amount of freight wouldn't offset the time to have it run through the warranty.
Hope the rest of you don't have this type of trouble.
Best wishes,
Steve