Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 09-17-2011, 03:20 AM   #1
pbahlin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9380
Splendide Dryer - No Heat

Just a tip for anybody with Splendide dryer.

Mine went on the blink and would not heat even though the drum and controls all worked as they should. A call to service yielded this tip....

Unplug and take dryer out of its stack. Remove the panel that is on the bottom left of unit. Inside you'll find two heating elements (low and high) and two thermostats mounted to the panel. If the heating elements look undamaged, unplug the thermostats and check for continuity of the thermostats. They should both be closed (continuity in tact). If either one is open replace it.

Might save you a costly dealer repair and it's pretty simple. Dryer only weighs about 60 pounds.

Update:

Got my repair parts today and the fix worked as advertised. The bad news is they only sell the thermostats as a kit so end up with one spare you may never need. Cost for kit was $58 US plus shipping.

pbahlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 02:55 PM   #2
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110

Ours quit heating and it was plugged up with lint. It was in the elbow before it got to the vent hose. Once I got that cleaned out it heated like it should.
Old 09-18-2011, 08:05 AM   #3
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
Thanks for the tips, Paul and Bill.
bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:48 AM   #4
sunshineduo
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8513
That's a regular maintenance issue for us. We try to make sure we don't use too much detergent, and try not to do successive loads where we pull the clothes out while they are still damp, but that elbow is a tight turn and we just have to bite the bullet and clean it out periodically. The machine does alert us though, with a pretty good light show, when it overheats due to the blockage.
sunshineduo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 01:42 PM   #5
pbahlin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9380
Well I have been using our Splendide pair for the past year full time and it was the thermostat that went, no lint in the vent and never had an issue with the drying before. My DH had the new thermostat installed in no time and I am back in business....most gratefully....hate laundramats....thanks for the heads up on lint/vent issue will keep that in mind.
pbahlin is offline   Reply With Quote