Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > The Campsite
Click Here to Login

Old 06-03-2006, 04:21 PM   #41
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Chris and Dave
Yes we are in Bend. Bring some bucks if you plan on staying here but it is worth it! You will probably never find another park like it.
Happy trails........................

Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 06:06 PM   #42
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sreigle

After all the knocking of KOA's that I did, I have to admit we have a reservation at the Fredericksburg (VA) KOA in July. We plan to take our granddaughters from the D.C. area there. We chose this park because it has the things we want/need for our time with the girls. Also, we drove through the park a couple of years ago although I do not remember much about it. Additionally, Bob and Sherri, good friends and the first MOC members we ever met (they live in nearby Richmond and we hope to visit them) tell us we will like that park. So I am hopeful. It is not a cheap park but it fits our needs for that particular week.
We are planning a trip to the D.C area this fall and were considering the above KOA.We would value your evaluation of the campground.
Rich, my memory has trouble going past a few hours, so a couple of months ... So, remind me when we leave there (or during our stay there) to give you our impression of it. We arrive there 7/18 and will be there until sometime between 7/28 and 8/1.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 07:39 PM   #43
Chaser
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2310
Send a message via Yahoo to Chaser
Adelmoll: There are a couple of State Parks you might really enjoy - in Oregon - we go over to Portland area a lot for medical reasons and it's very convenient to stay at Champoeg State Park - it's a lovely park - between I-5 and 99@ - open meadows or in the trees if you can get in that area - we stay in the meadows area always - sites are between 63-80 feet long - tables - grassy - showers/restrooms conveniently located, as are garbage areas, ice and pop machine - about 10 minutes from the Donald-Aurora Truck Stop - easy drive to Newberg or Wilsonville for groceries, laundry, dining etc.; the other is on Lake Billy Chinook - just because it is a quiet - wildlife area - near Madras - is nicer just before school get out or after it starts - upper level is grassy with big shade trees.
Another one that just came to mind if Lapine State Park between Lapine and Bend (closer to Lapine) - have stayed there with friends and family eventhough it's 10 minutes from our house and that of Virgil and Karen Lee's (Sunshine)....another one is at Bandon....on the Coast...do I sound like an advertisement for Oregon State Parks - probably - my Mom was a camphose at several of them during her Rving years.....We LOVE our Oregon Parks, ya'll come see us.

Chaser,
Mike & Evy Orlob
Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 07:42 PM   #44
Chaser
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2310
Send a message via Yahoo to Chaser
I think next time I'll do a spell check - I think my Mother was a camp host - not hose - ha ha ha....and the 99 I am referring to is 99W....sheesh - maybe I have the same "old" problem as the Wizard - ya think?

Happy Trails
Chaser
Evy Orlob (Mike too)
Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 08:23 PM   #45
toolmanroy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1745
Love all the parks you mention and more. We have good reason to be proud of them in Oregon. We like to get away from things just about 40 minutes "up the road" to Valley of the Rogue State Park in the winter where it is only $16 for full hookups in the off season, and they now have Wi-Fi. Some of the county parks in the state are very nice, as well. Indian Mary in Merlin and Lake Selmac in Selma are 2 very nice Josephine County parks, as is Emigrant Lake in Ashland (it closes Oct 15-Mar 15). All these parks have full hookups, nice large sites, and lots of great scenery.
toolmanroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 01:47 AM   #46
bobgay
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5072
Can't agree more about the Oregon State Parks. We spent April hosting (with a "t") at Cove Pallisades Park (on Lake Billy Chinook) and May at Nehalem Bay Park on the northern coast. It was a great experience and we have already signed up to do it again next year, even though it's almost a 4,000 mile trip for us to get there.
bobgay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 04:28 AM   #47
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
Here is a picture of my rig at my favorite Campground while I am travelling.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f7...tures10032.jpg
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 04:26 AM   #48
Bear Hunter
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #2464
For you folks from Michigan, have you checked out the rates this year. For the most part your better off to go to private CG's. The SP now add $5 to fill out paper work for on site registration and $8 for on line as well as $10 if you need to cancel. Rates are different park to park, the most popular are more expensive and generally offer fewer services.
Bear Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 05:16 AM   #49
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
The Gov needs more money, Roger. This is her way of doing this. Fees... Fees... Fees... And we're still broke as a state...
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 06:06 AM   #50
old turbo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2486
One thing you forgot to mention about the Good State Parks in Michigan, they are generally packed in the summer months. Cars and trucks on the move all the time. I have been to some of the parks that I call the hand shake parks. Your trailer is just a hand shake away from your neighbors.
old turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 06:28 AM   #51
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
I really wouldn't mind if they took my money and returned it into expanding and improving these parks, instead of pouring everything into the "bottomless pit" the State calls the General Fund.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 01:20 PM   #52
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Last Monday we overnighted at Wakeeney KOA in Wakeeney, KS. I would highly recommend this park. It is not fancy by any means. Free wifi and cable (both excellent) and the management was extremely helpful and pleasant.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote