Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-15-2020, 04:06 PM   #1
BLewis

M.O.C. #24989
Replace the Rubber Shear Springs ?

Just got on and am looking to replace the rubber shear springs on a morryde are suspension .. Keystone 37 ft yr 2010. Advice anybody???

BLewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 05:04 PM   #2
jimandlaurie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12948
Send a message via AIM to jimandlaurie Send a message via MSN to jimandlaurie Send a message via Yahoo to jimandlaurie
First, welcome to the MOC from WA state. As for advice on the suspension,imho, it comes down as to how long you want to keep the current rig and how much you travel with it, and return on your expense.
We plan to keep our 2018 a long time and will definitely up grade to 8k IS, and disk brakes as soon as viable for us, and it is a pricey upgrade but worth it from the opinions I've seen here. For you, there may be some other options and am sure there will be input from the other MOC'ers. will be following .
jimandlaurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 08:33 PM   #3
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
I'm thinking you are talking about the LRE suspension on your rig. I replaced our rubber springs a couple years ago, thinking the rig leaning was caused by a failed rubber spring, but it turned out to be a broken leaf spring. As I had already replaced the rubber spring on one side when I discovered the broken leaf spring, I went ahead and replaced the other rubber spring. This is the link to the owners manual, which has information on how to inspect the rubber springs. http://www.morryde.com/uploads/downl...%20Updated.pdf

This is a photo of the used spring and the new one next to it, so after a number of years, the used spring had deformed some, but it was actually still serviceable and not cracked which would have made it necessary to replace it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	old and new rubber springs.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	492.4 KB
ID:	5358  
rohrmann is offline   Reply With Quote