Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 09-21-2013, 11:26 AM   #1
hunts800
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11457
Ponchatrain landing, New Orleans

Arrived here today. Park is located in an industrial port setting near a bunch of abandoned port warehouses. Road into park is dilapidated and you would have no way of knowing there is an RV park in the vicinity. I called the park when I was about a mile away because I thought my GPS was leading me astray. Roads in park are gravel, and water sites (which I had reserved at a premium) back up to a dock across from a large marina.

Clean, and good amenities. But now I know why they make you pay in advance! It is about 15 minutes from the French Quarter, and they have a shuttle. Overall, I am disappointed given the price.

Old 09-21-2013, 12:02 PM   #2
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Steve and Donna,
Appreciate the follow-up. We were considering the Presidential Sites for our Anniversary stay, and they are even more "premium" in price than the waterfront sites. We would appreciate your impression of those two sites (they are behind the office area I believe) and if it is not too much trouble some photos if you have the means to do that. If you can take the pictures and want to e-mail them instead of posting, I can provide my e-mail via a PM. We would like your overall impression after a couple of days there as well, things like noise levels, dust, general comfort, etc.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 12:22 PM   #3
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Actually if you can, post that info and pictures here. Bingo got us interested in the place also.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 02:16 PM   #4
hunts800
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11457
I have yet to figure out how to put a picture on this site! But if you want to send me a PM with your e-mail address, I have the ability to send pictures that way! We went for a walk tonight, and the two presidential sites were empty. They are quite nice, with a hot tub, fire pit , and BBQ/kitchen area on a nice little covered patio. Quite a bit bigger than regular sites. Right below the office/restaurant/bar, so might be a little noisy until that action shut down, back up against the marina dock . Only seven or eight boats/houseboats there now, but if Dock was crowded it would be potentially noisy. A 34 foot sailboat is at the dock right behind our rig, and we can converse with the occupants without even raising our voices.
Old 09-21-2013, 02:28 PM   #5
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
I PM'd you my e-mail address. The main thing I am looking for is the pedestal, water and sewage hookups. The presidential sites were designed for pulling a motorhome into the site, so I am interested in the length requirements for shore cord, etc. since they would have to be run beneath the rig as they will be on the wrong side when backing into the site. I did not know there were docks behind the Presidential sites also, I knew the back-in sites had them. Appreciate all of the info.
Bingo
Old 09-21-2013, 02:42 PM   #6
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
we stayed here last November. True the road in is cruddy, but so is I 10.

The shuttle is great, no need to fight finding a parking place for our big trucks. Deliver you right downtown, No trouble, just show me the fun.

There are not a lot of places close to downtown. years ago we stayed in KOA, somewhere. I don't even know if they are still there after Katrina.

We would stay here again, it is a nice park. Not much difference in other downtown parks we have stayed in, and better than many.

I loved the docks, what can I say, it has water and I am happy.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 03:40 AM   #7
hunts800
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11457
Sent you several pictures, but took them before seeing your desire for info on hookups. Electrical is about a about a quarter into the site. I think I would need an extension cord. Sewer hose will be a long run , but probably doable. Best bet would be if site next to you was empty, you could use their hook-ups in normal fashion.
Old 09-22-2013, 07:23 AM   #8
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Thanks Steve, I will post the photos here later today if you don't object. I can see the pedestals plainly in the pics you sent.
Bingo
Old 09-22-2013, 08:02 AM   #9
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Here are the photos of the park that Steve was so kind to send to us. I think his description of an RV park in an industrialized setting fits pretty good, but there are not to many other alternatives in New Orleans:

Steve's Site:

From the Entrance:

Another View from the Entrance:

Registration Area:

The Two Presidential Sites we are interested in for our 25th. They are on each side with a separate site in the middle:

Water View from the Presidential Sites:

Other water view from the Presidential Sites:

Thanks a bunch Steve, for sending the photos, as said previously, the photos are worth thousands of words!!

Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
Old 09-22-2013, 08:59 AM   #10
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Thank you Steve and Bingo very much!
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 02:12 PM   #11
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
When we stayed there in I think 2010 it was Passport America and the price is fantastic.. KOA East wast wiped out by the hurricane but they still have KOA West.. It is a whole lot further away. We stayed there on our way to the MOC Rally in Texas.. That was our second time.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 02:35 PM   #12
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
The regular sites are Passport America, I know the Presidential sites are not (tried that when e-mailing them), and am not sure about the other "premium" waterfront sites.
Bingo